The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

analyze routine?

Hey was on the WBB routine for 10 weeks and along with my eating 6 meals a day i gained justa bout 6 pounds and was working out strictly at home with dumbell/barbell.. Recently I joined a gym and my options opened immensly and I am now able to use more machines/equiptment. Could someone check my rountine to make sure I am still getting a good workout for GAINS ONLY? I seem to have hit a weight gaining plateau..
    Here is last week's sets

DAY 1
    CHEST

Barbell bench 3 sets
    2 at 110 8 reps; 1 at 130 6 reps

Hammer Strength Incline press machine 3 sets
    2 at 150(total) 8 reps; 1 at 160(total) 6 reps

Cable cross over press
    1 at 120(total) 8 reps; 2 at 140(total) 8 reps

BACK
    Fly Machine
    3 sets at 130 8 reps

barbell deadlifts
    2 sets at 110 7/8 reps

Lateral high row machine
    2 sets at 75 8 reps; 1 set 80 8 reps

DAY 3
    LEGS
    Squat Machine
    2 sets at 250 8 reps each; 1 set at 270 8 reps

Hack Squat same Machine
    1 set at 250 8 reps; 2 sets 270 8 reps

Seated leg thrust machine
    1 set at 190 8 reps; 2 sets at 200 6/8 reps

Straight Leg Deadlifts
    2 sets at 140 6 reps

Calve raises
    3 sets at 110 8 reps

DAY 5
    Shoulders
    Seated military press machine
    2 sets at 110 8 reps; 1 set at 115 8 reps

Seated dumbell press
    2 sets at 85 8 reps

Standing dumbell lateral raises
    2 sets at 50(total) 8 reps

Lateral raise Machine
    2 sets at 60 8 reps

TRICEPS
    Rope pulls
    3 sets at 100 8 reps

Dumbell tricep lift
    2 sets at 50 7 reps each arm

Dips- 2 sets of 9

BICEPS
    Preacher Curl Machine
    2 sets at 70 8 reps; 1 set at 75 6 reps

Dumbell Hammer curls
    2 sets at 70(total) 86 reps

Barbell curl
    2 sets at 70 7 reps

I know I don't use all the correct terminology, but i gave it a shot. Let me know what you think about the routine..

thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

make sure you're eating enough cals and protein mmmkay?

what's the fly machine for back? do you mean reverse peck deck?

Get a chin or pulldown in there.

no nee for two pressed for shoulders. Chose one over the other. Same for the lateral raises, chose one over the other.

Drop an exercise for both biceps and triceps.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

thanks man,

I believe i am eating enough.. maybe not. i'm not counting calories YET... but am still having regular large stool each day lol.. i eat 6 meals a day including 3 protein shakes.. Can you suggest some high calorie low fat foods? I wary of adding more food cause my stomach seems to start growing with chub when i add more.. oh I also do a stomach routine every work out.

As for the "fly machine" lol yeh not sure the name of that one.. its the machine that you sit on a low bench and reach forward, grab handles and pull back extending your elbows behind you in a rowing motion.. what's that called? lol

Thanks again for the advice I will drop and exercise for tri and bi and will cut out one of the shoulder presses.

if you have a chance let me know what you think about what I've said

one more thing

for shoulders you suggested dropping one of the presses, and one of the lateral raises, that would leave me with only 2 exercises for shoulders.. is that right?

Also chin ups and or pulldowns for back? is that what u mean?

ok, by fly machine do you mean low cable pulley? I'm still unclear on this one. CAn you find a picture anywhere?

if you're not gaining diet will be a major focus. Start counting cals now. And eat over your maintenance level. protein shakes don;t mean ****. Sure, use one after training. For the remainder of the day get real food down your neck.

yes, two exercises for shoulders is fine.

and yes, for back, either will do. Just get a vertical row type in there. If the 'reverse fly machine' is another horizontal row, i think you should chose between that and the high row for your horizontal row. No need for two.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

man, are you serious about protein shakes? All i hear on here is to have a few a day..

no you don't.

all i see is people rightly telling others to keep powders to a minimum and to replace them with real food. I'm deadly serious.

The human body is designed to metabolise real food.

powders are great after training. They can be good if a blend, to take at night before bed. They're great at easily getting your daily protein intake up, but unless you're 200lb+ and need like 400g pro a day you don;t need that many shakes! you can easily get enough protein from real food sources. Ask any big guy and they'll tell you to get big you gotta eat big.

then i guess i'm wonderin why whenever i eat my 6 meals a day and use all food food, my gut starts getting bigger and bigger

and yeh bro i appreciate that advice, but i DO see people on here advizing lifters to drink shakes... and when i listed my eating routine, not one person said anything negative about it, but rather told me to cut out some of the fat intake on my food food.

I'm trying to figure out how to re-work my eating so it fits into my daily schedule following with the new info you gave me (i'll try ANYTHING lol) here is my schedule for the day, help me out, let me know where to place the shake or shakes..

get up 9:00 a.m
    leave for work 10:45
    arrive at work 11:30
    work until 7:00 p.m.
    take train home arrive at gym (on workout days) 8:00
    lift for hour till 9:00
    get home 9:30
    go to bed 12:00 a.m.

up till now (lol) i have been eating as follows

10am breakfast: cup fruit yogurt, banana, cup oatmeal fruit juice
    12pm real fruit+ protein shake
    3:30 lunch: varies but today two sushi rolls and cup of miso soup
    6 real fruit+ protein shake
    9 dinner, cup of carrots, a tomato, few olives, half cup peanuts, nectarine, slice of cheese and fruit juice
    11:30 regular protein shake

I don't drink or do drugs.. does that help? lol

your gut getting bigger is just cause you're holding food and retaining water. it doesn;t mean you're getting fat or a bigger waist.

post that in the diet forum and get several replies. two heads are better than one
    Last edited by The_Chicken_Daddy; 02-01-2002 at 11:07 AM.

lol

Hey so check my last post and look at my routine.. help me figure out what I can do to make my eating more effective for my daily schedule..

thanks for ur help thus far

basically, too much fruit, too many shakes, not enough real food. No where near enough calories either.

ok ok.. so first off, how would u restructure and eating routine for my daily schedule.. lol.. and secondly.. how many calories more do i need.. what kinda foods are high in calories that I should be eating

oh yeh and i forgot to add two items that i thought would get negative feedback from lol

for lunch I usually eat some kind of meat sandwich. and a potaoe
    and added to the dinner, lol i've been eating 2 white castle burgers yeh yeh yeh