Thread: Cardio and cutting?

Cardio and cutting?

Is it really a good idea to do cardio when cutting?
    The reason for lifting heavy while cutting is to persuade your body to keep its muscle mass while in a calorie deficit, wouldn't cardio send a conflicting message to your body?
    Isn't it better just to keep telling your body to keep the muscle by lifting hard?
    I'm certainly no expert, as I haven't even tried cutting yet. I am interest to hear the experiences of people who have tried cutting with and without cardio.
    Thank you.

Every form of exercise is cardio. I assume you're refering to aerobic activity. Is it necessary to cut? No. Can it help? Maybe. Are there better methods? Yes.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I used to do LISS cardio every morning some time ago. Ever since I switched to running sprints once or twice a week, I've had the same, if not better, results than when I was on the bike, and it's not nearly as boring...

When I start cutting I'll try it without aerobic cardio, I'll only go back to aerobics if progress is too slow.

All you have to do is watch your diet and lift heavy. Find a diet plan and follow it. That's the most important thing.
    Somewhere there is a little girl warming up with your max...

Quote Originally Posted by JConrad
    When I start cutting I'll try it without aerobic cardio, I'll only go back to aerobics if progress is too slow.
    Even if you stall out, there are still better ways. HIIT is far more effective at retaining LBM while burning fat then SS cardio.
    Nick V