The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Smith Machine Bench Throws.

I'm looking to use this as DE workout, but I've no idea on percentages I should be using - Or if I should even bother!

I was thinking of something along the times of;

Week 1; 30% x 3
    Week 3; 35% x 3
    Week 7; 40% x 2/3

?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I've never been a fan of bench throws, but to be honest, I haven't really given them a fair try in training....

Here's an article by Kenny Croxdale about plyometric bench press training. It was in PLUSA a few years back. http://www.strengthcats.com/plyobenchpress.htm

I could probably dig up some more things at the Innosport site and others. Let me know if you're interested.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

I might throw them in as just an accessory lift but I don't think their effective enough to base a workout around.

You might get better results with different types of pushups and its a little safer.

I still prefer straight weight 60% of 1RM for DE work. Unless I'm using bands. The outline for Westside is 60% for beginners, 55% for intermediate, and 50% for advanced. I do some other dynamic work but just doing the exercise itself seems to be about the best for the majority of my DE stuff.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Well, I did the session ending up with around 45% triples. It feels more like decelleration training more than explosive work, but it did help me convince me to tuck my elbows on the launch (which I've been trying to do for a while).

Sensei - I'm always interested in ANY kind of decent information.
    Homey - 60% sounds much better, but I cannot be as explosive with that amount.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k
    Homey - 60% sounds much better, but I cannot be as explosive with that amount.. :/
    I didn't mean for bench throws, though. Just for regular flat bench. If you can't be explosive for 60% then you have some work to do. Getting explosive at any percentage is ideal. The reason 60% is recommended for most is that its a tough weight. Its enough to make you work and work hard. If you did less weight, then there's the possibility that you're not putting all your strength into every rep.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Wannabebig Member
    this will definetly increase your power. yeah your reps are right. I think there was an article on this on bodybuilding.com with adam archelta the football player and kelly baggett.