The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonderful milk

One Winged Angel MagnaSephiroth's Avatar

Wonderful milk

Milk contains a lot of sugar, so how ok is milk. I am wondering to if its ok to have a glass of milk before bed...
    Current Routine: WBB1
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 161 (as of 7/31/06)
    171 (as of 11/13/06)
    178 (as of 1/1/07)
    171.8 (as of 2/5/07)
    165 (as of 3/5/07)

Weight Lifting Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Milk is actually relatively low on the Glycemic Index

it's def. okay to have before bed
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

Milk is actually relatively low on the Glycemic Index

it's def. okay to have before bed
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

Banned
    Milk is one of my best kept secrets for strength and size. I drink milk everyday, in fact I'm drinking milk right now. Imo, if you want incredible muscle gains, drink at least 64 oz of milk everyday, whole milk or 2%.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    ^^

You can get big and strong without ever drinking milk. It's hardly necessary. It isn't some magical secret either. Food is the secret.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 08-09-2006 at 03:17 AM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    ^^

You can get big and strong without ever drinking milk. It's hardly necessary. It isn't some magical secret either. Food is the secret.
    Whatever dude, all I gotta say is that for many years many of my workout partners wondered how come I was getting so strong, deep inside I knew one of my secrets was because I drank milk everynight at work, but if you don't wanna believe me that's ok. My other work out partners ate everything else, but they didn't drink milk at all...lol, that's fine if you don't believe me, my suggestion, try it...

You're kidding, right? That is the worst anecdotal evidence I've heard in my entire life. Don't be a scientist.

Occupational Hypnomania
    I swear at old people every day and I got bigger than all my friends, could it be I found THE secret to body building?

^^

Man, I gotta start swearing at more old people!

To stay on topic....

Milk is fine, I would recommend skim milk, less cals, but still contains lot's of protein.

200 is small stuff. Margin Of Error's Avatar
    A drink a gallon or more of whole milk every day, its wonderful.
    It's easier to point out the differences between us than to admit the similarities.

This body holding me, reminds me of my own mortality.

Good, I have the fat free non rmsd milk. yummy.
    171 (as of 11/13/06)
    178 (as of 1/1/07)
    171.8 (as of 2/5/07)
    165 (as of 3/5/07)

Weight Lifting Journal

What's with you and fat free things?

Yeah.. cmon manga, I remember explaining this to you before because you were eating 10g of fats a day.

200 is small stuff. Margin Of Error's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    What's with you and fat free things?

Especially if you're 161 lbs, you're trying to gain weight right?
    It's easier to point out the differences between us than to admit the similarities.

This body holding me, reminds me of my own mortality.

I am getting .5grams of fat per lbm... I just would rather get my fat from peanut butter then milk. Not to mention, I usually don't drink milk after noon, and my carb cycle has fats coming at the end of the day, with protein and carbs surrounding my workouts. If I was to drink milk at the end of the day, I would probibly get 1% or something.

Edit: Since I have no accurate depiction of my bodyfat percentage, I am assuming its between 15%-20% So I am now eating 60-65g of fat a day.
    Last edited by MagnaSephiroth; 08-09-2006 at 08:27 PM.
    171 (as of 11/13/06)
    178 (as of 1/1/07)
    171.8 (as of 2/5/07)
    165 (as of 3/5/07)

Weight Lifting Journal

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Fat free = you're a pussy.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Milk also has a lot of hormones and questionable residual medications. If you can get your milk from a organic producer, go for it. It's usually listed at the same price, or slightly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    Fat free = you're a pussy.
    ahahaha.
    I'd like to nominate this for post of the year, I was drinking water when I read it and now it's all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaSephiroth
    Milk contains a lot of sugar, so how ok is milk. I am wondering to if its ok to have a glass of milk before bed...
    I love milk, and cant go all the way. Like most bodybuilders do with skim milk. I drink the 2%, and it gives me the pleasure of both worlds. I couldn't never give up milk all together, guess I'll take the harder road.outnumber

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Bull
    I love milk, and cant go all the way. Like most bodybuilders do with skim milk. I drink the 2%, and it gives me the pleasure of both worlds. I couldn't never give up milk all together, guess I'll take the harder road.outnumber
    double negative

grammar
    Last edited by KingWilder; 08-10-2006 at 07:10 AM.
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You get more protein in skimmed milk than whole fat, because the bottle has to be topped up with more milky goodness where they have taken the fat out.

-Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Bull
    1% is even better. BTW, I probably do drink about 1/2 gallon of milk per day. I drink it because it has lots of protein, calcium, and it's pretty calorie dense. It certainly hasn't hurt my strength gains, though I won't go and say they are solely attributed to my milk consumption.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaSephiroth
    I am getting .5grams of fat per lbm... I just would rather get my fat from peanut butter then milk. Not to mention, I usually don't drink milk after noon, and my carb cycle has fats coming at the end of the day, with protein and carbs surrounding my workouts. If I was to drink milk at the end of the day, I would probibly get 1% or something.

Edit: Since I have no accurate depiction of my bodyfat percentage, I am assuming its between 15%-20% So I am now eating 60-65g of fat a day.
    Great! It WAS you who only used to eat 10g a day though, right? I hope my memory isn't failing me!

Banned
    I've noticed something about this forum, it seems like it doesn't matter what anybody says, there's ALWAYS some smart ass, good for nothing, skinny wannabebig moron saying ''no, you are wrong ,and I'm right'' and yet, they refuse to listen to bigger, stronger guys. I wasn't like that when I was younger, when someone bigger and stronger than me had something to say as advise, I would listen. No wonder more than 90% of all the guys I ever see in any gym are skinny guys with no muscle, weak men. But these are the very same ones who come here, and anonymosly rufute everyone here, it's like they are trying to become the alpha male the cyber way, but not in real life. Pathetic. How many of you can bench 455 raw, without ever touching steroids? what about a 455 squat and deadlift? Well, I can! and I'm not saying this to brag, but to say that maybe I know a thing or two about going from being 105 lbs to being 181lbs at 5'7'', ripped, powerful muscular machine, in minimal time, without the aid of steroids or any illegal substance. How many got 17 3/4 '' arms cold? and 18.5'' pumped? Not many right? and please don't accuse me of being genetically gifted, when in reality, it has more to do with how I trained, and what I learned over the years. I'll give advise to any of you guys, but please be more respectful. Thank you in advance.