Thread: Maintenance Calories

Hybrid View

Maintenance Calories

As you probably know I have been cutting. Since May 9th I have gone from 200 lbs to 180 lbs. I have just under 160lbs of lean tissue. I've been eating 2000 calories for a few weeks now and my fat loss has stalled. First of all I don't even think I should be eating this few calories by first glance but I'm not overly hungry and it was working. Can I go to 1900 calories then to 1800 calories or is this way too low? I'm very confused.

Well, I'm sitting at about 190lbs, and roughly 150lbs of lean mass (depends on which bodyfat measurement I wanna believe

And I'm at about 2,000cals a day right now. I'm not losing fast, but I've been out of the gym for so long, that my consistency lately and diet appears to be letting me put on a little lean mass while shedding a little fat. I'm following Berardi's theories on what I eat, 3x a week full body workouts, low reps to hold onto muscle mass. 4-5 sets.

I'm not sure how we compare in height or bodyfat, it sounds like you might be a little shorter and more built than myself.
    if you do cut cals, I would try 1900 for a week and see what happens. be sure to use weight and bodyfat testing to ensure its fat, nto muscle, being lost.

Thanks for the reply. We'll see what happens. This cutting is treacherous..hehe

I would up your activity, add some HIIT or some variation. See how the weight loss changes, then adjust from there.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle