The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    hmm, I like to be big!!!

Dark Matter Discovered!!!

Scientists have found direct evidence for Dark Matter.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...archived=False

I don't want to get too carried away before there's more peer review of the results, but this is truly mind blowing. This is one of the biggest questions of astronomy and physics. Perhaps most exciting of all, is that if there nature is predicted to be similar to the previously undetected particles predicted by string theory, we'd have our first physical proof of string theory.

With the addition of the LHC coming up in Europe, we can truly hope to see some amazing breakthroughs in our lives, and I wouldn't be shocked to see the formulation of a TOE.

Any thoughts?
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

"Scientists still do not know what exactly dark matter is, but have theorized it must exist"

Solid, really.

Theorizing that, something must exist, even though they have no idea what that something would be.
    Last edited by Eszekial; 08-22-2006 at 03:51 PM.
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    "Theorizing that, something must exist, even though they have no idea what that something would be."

Totally misinterpreted. They have several candidates and criteria which dark matter must meet. It can't interact with strong and weak force. It's must compromise 90% of the universe by mass. In order to account with our current view of the universe and our current understanding of particle physics dark matter must be invoked or the universe quite frankly doesn't make sense. This discovery indicates that we can have MUCH more confidence in both our universal model and particle physics model.

They're not sure exactly what it would look like, however because it doesn't interact with the strong and electromagnetic force analyzing this particle would be an ungodly challenge. String theory makes a few predictions but much more analysis is needed.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

The gray goo.
    Change is the constant, the signal for rebirth, the egg of the phoenix.

Link to my change http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85798

He doesnt start fights he just operates on high speed in a low speed zone all the time .-BRAWL

Quote Originally Posted by Eszekial
    "Scientists still do not know what exactly dark matter is, but have theorized it must exist"

Solid, really.

Theorizing that, something must exist, even though they have no idea what that something would be.
    Well, it can't be detected directly so they're always looking for its effects on things... just like in the old invisible man movies where you couldn't see the guy (he was invisible and all) but you could see his footprints, puddles from his shoes, etc.

I believe the idea was 'If it really exists THIS will happen' and 'this' appears to have happened as they predicted.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

How can there be criteria for something that doesnt exist?

If it truly doesn't exist everything we know about space and matter is flawed. While it's certainly possible wouldn't looking for the environmental effects of an x factor that proves that everything we know is right be a little more productive than assuming that we know diddly?
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Eszekial

Solid, really.

You're mistakening what a theory is. Nothing is absolute. In science things can only be proven more or less likely. In this case the findings simply tip the scale to 'more likely'. Even scientific laws are just theories that have been continuously substantiated but not absolute. Nothing in science is absolute. You'll only find absolutes in mathematics...closest after that is physics.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Im pretty sure dark matter goes along the lines of black holes and the like. So basically they check to see if the surronding stars arent in the right place, theres a big void somewhere etc. etc. Cant exactly be proven I guess because anyone that gets near it will die.

Or be transported to another universe.

BTW. I guess what I mean is the stuff black holes are "made" of.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Sometimes people use deductive reasoning to figure something out. With this dark matter discovery, this is sort of the case. It can not be seen or directly measured through any currently known physical means, but it can be theorized to exist in all probability through a process of elimination of factors that would disprove it's existence. When you get enough theories and models that agree with one another, you start to form scientific laws.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

I still cant actually 'grasp' the idea that the universe is ACCELERATING outwards at an ever increasing rate... DOH>...LOL....

Just wow.....

Anyways, nice thread... Get the old grey matter hummin...

peace out...