The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Deadlift ROM between 35 lbs. plate and the big 45 lbs. plates?

Okay the largest plate I am using for my deadlifts are 35 lbs. plates and the rest are a bunch of 25's, a pair of 20's and lots of 10's and 5's. They are also the standard 1 inch diameter hole for a standard 25 lbs. barbell.

I am not sure how much a 35 lbs. plate (standard 1inch hole) and a 45 lbs. plate (olympic size, like probably 3 inches in diameter hole ?)

If anyone here has a home gym and could post a pic of the two plates beside each other, would be great

Also how much of a poundage (1rm) increase could I expect from a few inches from ROM cut off ? My guess around 20 lbs. -/+
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I only have olympic plates, but it looks like a 2 inch difference. So it would raise the whole bar up an inch. It depends on the type of plates though, some are wider than others, therefore not as tall. I wouldn't expect a huge 1rm increase just from an inch or 2 decrease in ROM.

The oly plates have 2" hole in them, I take it you have or will be getting an oly bar or sleeves.
    Age 33
    Height 6'4"
    Weight 220lbs

British by birth, English by the grace of God.

That's not a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

sounds like your talking about this kind of setup..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pR2hwOrI8A

i would say it could take as much as 50lbs off (off what the reps id get at that weight convert to)..it depends on how small the plates are, 45's are usually real long, but theres 35's that are tiny but thick, if it was a large 35 then maybe it would take only 20-30lbs off

Yeah looks like I have the same barbell as you Savvy. I have those York 35 lbs. plates. 1.2 inch diameter hole and 12.8 inches across diameter.
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

I use all 22lb plates (well, they're 10kg since i'm from the UK) It looks hardcore with lots per side though

It's much closer to the ground.. i'm curious about what I could pull if I use 20kg (44lb) plates instead.