Thread: Some input from seasoned lifters

Wannabebig New Member

Some input from seasoned lifters

sorry, i bet you all hate these kinds of threads but ive been working out for about 3 months now and the kids i work out with are all balls to the wall and **** seeing as how they play football for college and stuff. they tell me to try and make a natural foundation before i try any supplements which makes sense to me. im just about to turn 16, im 160 and 6,2 very lanky build. i actually gained 18 pounds this summer and now i almost look normal. i was just looking for some input from more experianced guys about supps and what they suggest.

supps im currently looking at"
    N.o. Xplode- but im not ****in lazy, i dont need **** to make me lift but i hear it gets you huge.
    creatine- maybe some cellmass not quite sure
    just lookin for some help with this ****(sorry for the long read and help is appreciated)

In your situation I would say fish oil and a multivitamin are the only supps you really need. Creatine is another that I would take too, allthough not completely necessary, it's cheep, effective and some studies show health benefits too.

I wouldn't worry too much about anything else, seems like your making good progress, just keep at it.

Wannabebig New Member
    right now im just trying to eat every 2-3 hours i thinks thats why im making most of my gains....please respond with more opinions please!!!!

no no xplode, creatine sure, multivitamn, fishoil, and food..lots of food

It always amazes me how much teenagers are willing to flush down the toilet on supps, but won't eat breakfast... I'm not saying that's you - it's just a generality.

This is not what you're going to want to hear, but my personal opinion on HS students and supplements is that the only thing they should bother with is a good multi-vitamin/mineral and maybe a protein powder. Other than that, get plenty of rest, train hard 3-4x/week, and eat lots of good food.

Seriously, if I think about how much money I wasted on supplements when I was a teen it makes me cringe. If I could somehwo magically get back all the money I spent on octocosonal (sp?), inosine, MCT Fuel (and a myriad of other "fuels" that TwinLabs put out), liver tablets, and amino acids in the 80s and early 90s, I swear I could EASILY use it for a car down-payment, start a sizable IRA for my kid, or have damn nice home gym.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Wannabebig New Member
    wait wait, i eat very properly i wake up at about 8-9 every day and i do eat breakfast which consists of oatmeal or eggs. 6 eggs each morning but i do that bout 4 days a week and then eat oatmeal the rest of the week to change it up, i dont feel like naming my eating regime but its very healthy, consisting of tuna(love fish) steak chicken and beef. im on a multivitamin and cyto gainer for extra calories for gaining weight. im not looking to blow money on anything right now i was just looking for opinions on training and those 2 supps i named.

I thought I was clear about my opinion on supplements and that I was not speaking about you specifically, just teens in general when I said "I'm not saying that's you - it's a just a generality."...

Cripes, just buy the supps already!
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Wow people waste a lot of $$$ on dumb ****.

Sensei already laid it down, just listen up and stick to the basics, that's all you need.
    Every workout is a new battle
    and I always win

MILK and lots of it, its cheap and does pretty much the same as all those fancy supplements.
    Age 33
    Height 6'4"
    Weight 220lbs

British by birth, English by the grace of God.

That's not a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

I would consider myself a semi-experienced lifter. All I take at this point is whey. The difference between a noob on no supplements and a noob on every supplement would be negligable in my opinion. Diet is soooo much more important than supplements, just eat a ton of peanut butter instead.

By the way, you look like you have a pretty good diet.