Thread: shoulders

Hybrid View

shoulders

My shoulders seem underdeveloped.. Currently I am doing seated military press machine, standing lateral raises, and laternal raise machine.. is there another exercise to bulk up the tops of my shoulders?

Maybe try heavy dumbell presses...

Simplistic
    I agree, and maybe some reverse pec deck, those work good for me.

Banned
    how long have you been training? whats your diet like? training schedule? could be genetics, sorry........

Drop the military press machine. Heavy DB presses have done wonders for me.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference... The Marines don't have that problem."
    President Ronald Reagan - 1985

jarhead,

I was doing both military press and dumbell press, but what I noticed with the dumbell press (albeit cause I'm lifting alone) is that because I am using dumbells over 50 pounds each, it is ahrd for me to get them up in the air.. once they are its easy to do.. that's why I have stuck with the military press..

is it possible to keep the dumbell press weight down longer so it is safer to lift.. possibly with more reps..

Wannabebig Member
    How many sets do you do of each exercise for your shoulders? What are your rest periods? Do you use a specific TUT? How many reps do you do per set?

-Jeremy

jock227-
    Yeah bro I would suggest employing some strict, seated heavy db overhead presses. Maybe try Arnold presses... just basically twisting your hands while pressing the weight up. Starting with your palms facing you (with the dbs in your hands), then as you press the weight up overhead, twist your palms around so at the top of the movement your palms are facing away. People I know love them.

3:16
    may be your doing to much for them especially if doing lots benching as well.
    you will be fine will a press and a lateral raise movement.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

great advice bros, thanks alot. Figure I'll cut out a few sets to lessen my shoulder routine.. maybe I stick with just the military press 3 sets of 8 (max) and the lateral raises 3 sets of 8 (max)

as far as my rest goes, I work out chest and back on sunday... do legs on tuesday... and do shuolders, triceps, and biceps on thursday like the WBB routine suggests.

Each work out takes almost exactly an hour. I take good resting periods between each set ..