The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

A family divided

So with the approach of another season of NCAA football I have decided to share the difficulties of a home divided. My wife the Longhorn and myself the Husker. Our poor daughter caught in the middle. We live in longhorn country so I think I will be loosing the battle to raise my daughter a Husker. I can see her later in life asking me why I always chear for the Hucking Fuskers, lol. All that left to countless hours of therapy is anybody else ready for some college football. Any predictions or sleepers. I will start. Nebraska goes to USC and wins in their house(our 3rd game on the schedule).
    Change is the constant, the signal for rebirth, the egg of the phoenix.

Link to my change http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85798

He doesnt start fights he just operates on high speed in a low speed zone all the time .-BRAWL

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

As big a Longhorn fan I am, they wont make a bowl bid this year.....

Losing Vince Young (who basically WON them the Rose Bowl) is a devestating blow... one im not sure they can recover from on such short notice.

Pennstate makes a bowl bid, if they can keep their defense despite loseing nearly all of it I dont see why they dont have a shot at a rosebowl.

Georgia is going to do well this season, maybe not bowl bid but well.

Sleepers huh... I call USC having a ****ty year (relatively).

Wisconsin goes undefeated and surprises everyone except up die-hard Badger fans.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

My only prediction: Some school I've never heard of will win 6 games and still go to some sort of bowl which I'll still watch.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Footballer
    I know this is stupid because I play college football but do 6 win teams get bowl bids? I know the NCAA had a resolution on this because we now have 12 game schedules.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

You have to win your conference to get a bowl bid, so if you win all your conference games and lose every non conference game and every other team in your conference loses every non conference game and atleast one conference game then you go with a crappy record.

It wont be a good bowl, but you'll go to one.

Now that I live in Morgantown, I can't escape all of this ****ing Mountaineer ****. My prediction : Every home game, I'll be leaving town early so I don't have to deal with mother****ers and their ****ing car jams.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tstopnow
    So with the approach of another season of NCAA football I have decided to share the difficulties of a home divided. My wife the Longhorn and myself the Husker. Our poor daughter caught in the middle. We live in longhorn country so I think I will be loosing the battle to raise my daughter a Husker. I can see her later in life asking me why I always chear for the Hucking Fuskers, lol. All that left to countless hours of therapy is anybody else ready for some college football. Any predictions or sleepers. I will start. Nebraska goes to USC and wins in their house(our 3rd game on the schedule).
    LOL...I can sympathize. I'm a longhorn fan stuck in Buckeye country. My office has become my private UT sanctuary complete with countdown to the September 9th Ohio State vs UT game. Luckily my baseball cap has not gotten messed up yet. I don't see UT taking it again this year. I think Snead is a gonna be a great QB in the seasons coming...but it'll take him a while. I do see them at a bowl game though. Despite everything, they're still ranked 2nd in the preseason polls. I still can't figure how the Buckeyes got ranked 1st. I do think their September 9th game will set the tone for the rest of the season.

Hook 'em
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003
    Wisconsin goes undefeated and surprises everyone except up die-hard Badger fans.
    Pfft, your win streak is going to end Nov. 11th when Iowa brings down the thunder. Look out for Herky poop.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Footballer
    Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    You have to win your conference to get a bowl bid, so if you win all your conference games and lose every non conference game and every other team in your conference loses every non conference game and atleast one conference game then you go with a crappy record.

It wont be a good bowl, but you'll go to one.
    This is untrue. BCS conferences go to bcs bowls if they win the conference championship game unless a team from a none bcs bowl conference is ranked higher. My question was does 6-6 make you eligible to go bowling? because a 7-5 team from a BCS conference is bowling regardless if they win the championship. but does a 6-6 make you eligible?
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!