The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Why am i dropping this weight?

Ive been doing the following 3-4 times a week for about 4 months - Im seeing bulk changes def - but my weight and shape are dropping in my thighs, my butt used to be nice and wide and it SEEMS although i know its impossible, that im losing weight in my thighs and butt but gaining elsewhere? I thought if i ate enough and lifted very heavy id BUILD size not lose it??

Leg Press - 3X7reps - 150
    Lunge (dumbell) - 3x10reps - 70 in each hand
    Cycling (very low speed (low cardio) but very high resistance
    Rowing (as above to limit cardio)
    Various one legged squats and calf raises (3x10)

WHY am i losing weight, i know i gotta post my diet up, but roughly, is it because im not eating enough>>?

2) This is a bit unrelated - FAT DEPOSITS - i understand that you are born with fat pockets, you cannot increase or decrease the AREA PLACEMENT or AMOUNT of these pockets, only how much fat is in them and ie how big they are. The question is this,

Im naturally very curvy, hips and top, if i were to diet it all off say in 6 months with exercise and nutrition/or get sick and lose it all, would i (if i went back to eating how i did before) gain in the same places the same way in the same amount as before?? If i lose in area B first, will i gain in area B if i eat up again? Or is it lost for good?

Many thanks....for example...middle aged women many gain on midrifts first, even though they wernt like that when they were young, why does the fatty placement move?? thanks!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The only reason you'd lose weight is if you weren't eating enough

out the back of the gym snorting an oz of creatine
    I would say its hormonal, women tend to put weight on in there lower body, men tend to put weight on in there mid section, as you gain muscle mass your testosterone levels are raising a long with your metabolism and that could be causing you to be less predesposed to putting weight on in your lower body, hence that area is getting more defined. I would say older women put weight on there midsection because there estrogen levels drop.

If you were to lose weight and then put it on again, the placement would depend on hormonal balance, and that would depend on muscle mass, the more muscle mass you have the higher your testosterone, If I were you I would get a blood test for testosterone and estrogen balance, so that if you do plan on trying to go back to how you were, I would get another blood test about 1 month in to see if your testorone level is actually dropping. If you can compare your hormone balance to any previous blood tests that would be helpful in confirming wether it is your muscle mass causing it or that your just growing up and your body is changing regardless of weight training.

As has been posted before, and as a general rule; 'Squats make the Ghetto booty' or any kind of booty really. Ditch the legpresses and start squatin! If you want to add or change the look of your lower body there is really no replacement for squats, you might also think about adding in some dl's for good measure.

And fat placement changes over time due to hormonal changes, which is also why we tend to lose muscle mass and bone density as we age.
    Victory belongs to the most persevering.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

I like weights. You know where you stand with them. Well, sometimes you're lying under them, trying not to let them crush you, but you see, you KNOW they'd crush you if they could. There's honesty.
    T. Campbell and Gisele Lagace

Occupational Hypnomania
    So what is supposed to happen to your butt if you squat?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnip
    It aches, in my experience.

squatter butt/bubble butt get it now
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Occupational Hypnomania
    So a larger butt is a good thing?

So a larger butt is a good thing?

Depends on your target audience. There's a reason why Hispanics and blacks got pissed off when Jennifer Lopez lost all the weight she did.

Your probably not eating enough, or not doing enough squats. What's your calorie, protein, and carbohydrate intake look like?
    Last edited by Iron Bull; 08-22-2006 at 06:36 AM.

Squating on a regular basis with heavy weights will cause growth in the musculature around your hip complex, as well as stimulate growth in the rest of your legs. This will change the shape of your legs and hip structure and not only make you look better, but also stronger.

Baring that your ass is covered in six inches of flab what growth you see in your glutes and other muscles around the hip joint will always look good. Think about it this way; There is a reason you, as a guy, like to look at J-lo's butt, or at sprinter chicks in the Olympics. It is because they have well developed bodies. This also goes for girls; as the changes in the male hip structur and musculature will make your clothes fit better, as a general rule and to a degree.

Basicly as long as you do not have some injury or physical disablity squating can only be a good thing, no matter what your goals.
    Victory belongs to the most persevering.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

I like weights. You know where you stand with them. Well, sometimes you're lying under them, trying not to let them crush you, but you see, you KNOW they'd crush you if they could. There's honesty.
    T. Campbell and Gisele Lagace