The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

A little advice on BGB routine please...

Ive been away from the forums and training for about a year, give or take - due to some r/l hassles. Thats all sorted now (huray) and im getting my ass back down the gym. Whilst reading the forums over the last few days i was struck by the solidness of Builts BGB routine and thought I would start there.

I have a couple of questions as a result, which are quite noobish but ive been out of training so long i feel like one anyhow so...

Rack pulls are in there and in the squatrack we have in the gym i can either set it as my mid shin OR about 2 inches above my knee. The upper adjustment feels like im cheating my ass off and the lower setting feels like i may aswell be doing deads. Any advice here?

Incline cable flys are used too. Ive not seen these done and im not sure of the movement. Is it a 90 degree fly mvmt like a dumbell fly would be but with cables or is it more like an inclined version of a standing cable crossover mvmnt for the chest?

Whats the diff between romanian deads and regular deads?

Thats about as many dumb questions as I dare ask for my humiliated pride for now! Cheers for any replies

Augs.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by Augury
    Ive been away from the forums and training for about a year, give or take - due to some r/l hassles. Thats all sorted now (huray) and im getting my ass back down the gym. Whilst reading the forums over the last few days i was struck by the solidness of Builts BGB routine and thought I would start there.
    Hey, thanks! Glad you like the setup!

I have a couple of questions as a result, which are quite noobish but ive been out of training so long i feel like one anyhow so...

Rack pulls are in there and in the squat-rack we have in the gym i can either set it as my mid shin OR about 2 inches above my knee. The upper adjustment feels like im cheating my ass off and the lower setting feels like i may aswell be doing deads. Any advice here?
    Stand on a low platform so you can find the adjustment that works for you.

Incline cable flys are used too. Ive not seen these done and im not sure of the movement. Is it a 90 degree fly mvmt like a dumbell fly would be but with cables or is it more like an inclined version of a standing cable crossover mvmnt for the chest?
    You're lying on a low incline, it's like dumbbell flyes, which you can also use.

Whats the diff between romanian deads and regular deads?

Thats about as many dumb questions as I dare ask for my humiliated pride for now! Cheers for any replies

Augs.
    Exercise vids: http://www.uwlax.edu/strengthcenter/...ideo_index.htm
    Look up romanian deadlifts.

Good luck!

Cheers muchly Built - nice to get info from the designer - kinda spoiling us here

now all i gotta do is repeat all the exercises for months and months till good things happen. yeah and eat.

Augs.

I do rack pulls from above the knees.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

I do too, actually. I have a lower back issue that seems to flare up when I try to go below, although weirdly, I'm fine for RDLs.

Go figure.