Thread: Westside training.

One Bad-A$$ MoFo!

Westside training.

Anyone train using westside methods?
    Wondering if it has worked well for strength and power, I am kind of confused on some points of it, anyone here have any experience with it?

I've been using it for a short time.

I think it is fun.

I haven't tested any lifts to see if they've increased as yet.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    On a fairly low calorie diet, I gained over 100 lbs on my total while losing about 5 lbs of bodyweight in like 14 weeks. So I would definitely reccomend it as a strength routine. It is a very fun system too. You will really look forward to going in and breaking PR's week after week.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Its a great system. The workouts are fun and demanding and you get strong really quick. I've been using westside for 10 months or so now.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

One Bad-A$$ MoFo!
    Hey thanx for the replys.
    Im confused on WWB site it never says what exercise they do on ME day, it looks like they only focus on supporting exercises instead of "the" exercise (bench, squat, dl) maybe I am just not reading it correctly. Could one of you post your routine so I could see it, Im still pretty confused?
    Thanks in advance.

Wannabebig Member
    thats correct, you use other variations of the bench squat and dead.

for example, on ME bench day you can use board press, floor press etc. on ME squat/dead you can use low box squats, rack pulls, good am's etc.
    It's not quantity, it's quality!

Wannabebig Member

I am new to Westside

Hey everyone,

I have been doing westside for about a week with my friend who I just met. He got me a membership to this gym and it is a powerlifting gym. My opinion is mixed about westside....

1) I want to have more strength and size.... by using westside training can I accomplish that?

2) I don't want to have a big belly like all those guys do... i am going to do cardio 3-4 times per week about 30 mins each time.

I like it so far but hate it you can't train chest..... i used to be a bodybuilder though... my freind is the same way and still does a little chest and other things. I hope it works... tell me your success...

P.S. I just started benching the powerlifting way... (your elbows at an angle and the bar touches your sternum not your chest)

STeve

You can still gain lots of size with this training. Just eat more then your body needs. The reason you see lots of powerlifters with big bellies is because they like the all you can eat buffets Just watch your diet and you want get fat but you can gain lots of muscle off this routine.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Yeah, no need to screw up your progress with excess cardio. Just keep your diet in check. You don't get a belly like that overnight.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL