Thread: Shakes OK overnight?

Hybrid View

Shakes OK overnight?

I've mix my post-workout shakes the night before, and leave them in the fridge overnight (about 9 hours). Then I take them with me to the gym in the morning, add my creatine, shake shake shake, and drink them down.

I've noticed that when I take them out of the fridge, there's about an inch or two of frothy foamy goo on top. It goes away after the mixing. It got me wondering though... the foam is growing in there overnight. What is it? Is it bad, or can I just carry on the way I have been?

HCT-12, Split #2 I 5/17/2010 - 6/18/2010
    My Journal
    My Fitday

i've never left my shake that long or even over night.I don't think it should be a problem if you mix it up again in the morning as long you keep it in the fridge it should be ok.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Read the Stickies! whiteman90909's Avatar
    The foam on top is just the shake seperating when it has been sitting for a long time. Toss it in a shaker and it'll all be good.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but does whey break down if left in water too long?

Banned
    any longer than 12 hours in the fridge and I wouldn't drink it. They kind of go...sour? horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by toki
    any longer than 12 hours in the fridge and I wouldn't drink it. They kind of go...sour? horrible.
    Yeah I've left whey in a bottle and forgotten about it...If you ever do that just throw it away, don't even bother opening it.

You are fine...one night in the fridge won't break anything down or hurt you.

One night in the trunk of your car on a hot August night...difeerent story...

Quote Originally Posted by toki
    Uh, horrible advice. 12 hours in the fridge is nothing, how the hell is his shake going to go bad that fast? Shakes seperate and get foamy at the top, it's no big deal. Shake it up and drink, it's perfectly fine. I've made enough shakes for 3+ days in the past, for weeks on end... besides the growth of a third arm, I am still perfectly healthy.
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

my shakes get about a 1/4 inch of foam even 5 minutes after ive made it???
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW