The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    wtf? Can anyone explain how that guy got his left pec, lat, and delt to be on par with his right side??? His left lat even looks bigger than the right one!

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Wow I wonder how he trains the left side of his upper body
    5'10 186 lbs 17 years of age

"Success is a journey, not a destination."

i doubt that kid will last until he is big enough to compete in olympia... you start cycling when your are 15 or 16 and you arent gonna least nearly as long as if you start mid 20's
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Didn't Arnie start around that age?
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 08-29-2006 at 01:07 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    wtf? Can anyone explain how that guy got his left pec, lat, and delt to be on par with his right side??? His left lat even looks bigger than the right one!
    If I recall correctly there's a phenomenon I believe is known as coordinate muscle movement. That is, for large muscle groups, if you work one side the other gets stimulated....ie put your left hand on your chest now make a pressing movement with your right arm. Your left pec will also tense up. Granted, I'd expect an individual relying only on this to have more symmetry problems. And physiology nuts in here...please correct me if I'm wrong. i was too lazy to look this up.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    i doubt that kid will last until he is big enough to compete in olympia... you start cycling when your are 15 or 16 and you arent gonna least nearly as long as if you start mid 20's
    You'd be surprised at how early many pros started. Part of their "good genetics" for bodybuilding not only includes bone and muscle structure, but also the ability to handle the ergogenic substances they take for extended periods of time.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ectx
    put your left hand on your chest now make a pressing movement with your right arm. Your left pec will also tense up.
    I tried it and it didn't work.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

yea i don't know whats crazier the 18 year old or the guy with the disability. it's amazing for his body to look that balanced although he only has one full arm to train with. unless maybe he was already jacked before anything happened to his arm

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    I tried it and it didn't work.
    Upper chest? worked for me. LOL
    ecDoesIt

Anthony

- Sinclair Lewis

My upper chest is non-existant. Stupid genetics.

It didn't work for me either ectx.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey66
    My upper chest is non-existant.
    You need to do alot of inclines to work your upper chest.

If I recall correctly there's a phenomenon I believe is known as coordinate muscle movement. That is, for large muscle groups, if you work one side the other gets stimulated....
    You're correct chico. It's a good reason why when you injure one limb you should still work the opposing limb.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

LOL...good to know, I was starting to have doubts considering my trick only worked for me, LOL. Another example I think Pavel has is that if you make a fist your bicep tenses up eventhough it's not responsible for the fist clenching. That one always freaked me out.
    ecDoesIt

Anthony

- Sinclair Lewis

LOL...good to know, I was starting to have doubts considering my trick only worked for me, LOL. Another example I think Pavel has is that if you make a fist your bicep tenses up eventhough it's not responsible for the fist clenching. That one always freaked me out.
    Ya. He calls it irradiation. You're reading Pavel??? You commie liberal bastard. lol

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    Ya. He calls it irradiation. You're reading Pavel??? You commie liberal bastard. lol
    ecDoesIt

Anthony

- Sinclair Lewis

Wannabebig New Member
    Here's a rough translation of the article about him:
    Attached Files Attached Files

You know I love you. In a non-Richard Simmons way.

My Journal

You can actually make a fist without tensing your bicep, it just requires coordination. Most people aren't that coordinated.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by Belial
    You can actually make a fist without tensing your bicep, it just requires coordination. Most people aren't that coordinated.
    Perhaps why the pressing and the clenching fist movement work for me and not others...I have zero coordination. Brown boy can't dance! LOL.
    Last edited by ectx; 08-30-2006 at 08:16 AM.
    ecDoesIt

Anthony

- Sinclair Lewis

Wannabebig New Member
    good morning

pardon a later response, but i wished to post that a myspace fanclub profile has appeared here: Aleksey Lesukov.

this was inspired by other profile done for musicians like Hans Zimmer, Ennio Morricone, Mark Cantanzriti, public speakers like Ravi Zacharias (whose opening disclaimer we mostly 'borrowed'), actors like Donald Sutherland, tributes like Alfred Hitchcock, too many athletes to name, of course including other bodybuilders... etc. etc.

so i took a few moments and tossed up a similar thing for aleksey, since he is so unknown and thought a similar myspace fan profile would be a good resource, perhaps, at least, until he gets a proper homepage, if one at all.

i also hope nobody minds if we borrowed the occasional phrase from this topic.

i have also done a proper translation of the russian news article posted earlier which magnum jp posted a computer translation of; this is a proper human translation, found in the blog. i hope it is of clarity and solves any confusion.

we also take friend requests for keeping up with news bulletins we may find. if anybody has suggestion, or news, please leave a comment/message on myspace, or pm here.

hope this will be of use, pass this around to those you wish, and other fans, supporters. thank you.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    Didn't Arnie start around that age?
    Training maybe, but I'd doubt he was cycling then. Where would he get that stuff when he was 15?
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 09-01-2006 at 09:11 PM.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    ^^

Same place(s) everyone gets it? Did you see him at age 19? He must've been juicing early on. His arms were godly huge.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    ^^

Same place(s) everyone gets it? Did you see him at age 19? He must've been juicing early on. His arms were godly huge.
    Yeah but the photos of him at 15 or 16 aren't that impressive. He had good genetics..you don't need to juice as much or as long as others might. Some people's genetics respond very well to steroids. To list just one example: Were drugs to be completely eliminated you could bet that the ranking of the competitors in the Mr. Olympia for example would be radicially reshuffled.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Songsangnim
    Training maybe, but I'd doubt he was cycling then. Where would he get that stuff when he was 15?

Your joking, arent you.?

Arnold started using D-bol at the age of 15 years old, he had supervision of other bodybuilders in the gym.

He grew from then on from D-bol tell i think 20 years old, and then started using AAS.

Arnold took 250mg of D-bol a DAY.!!!!

And he was a teen.
    Last edited by Wanna-Be-Big; 09-03-2006 at 04:53 AM.
    To Excel Is Not An Option Itís A Duty

If you can't run with the big dog, stay on the porch

Champions train, Losers complain

Quote Originally Posted by Belial
    I just did it, and I'm as graceful as Anthony chinning.