The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Working a different muscle group each day

I recently bought a home gym and started working out. Did a little research, and every other day since I started on Wednesday, I've been targetting one specific area per workout. For instance Wed.-Arms Fri- Chest Today- Abs etc, and I was wondering if this isn't doing more harm than good. I thought it would be better this way, because I don't have to spend as much time messing around with the ropes and pulleys on my home gym to switch between a thousand different excercises and could spend more time working out.

Anyway, my main question is, do any of you guys train like this? Has it worked well or does it do more harm than good? As I said, I'm just starting out and I don't want to keep doing this routine just to realize six months in the future that no gains are being made.

Thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    What equipment do you have? If you don't have a squat rack, you need to buy one. And take a look at this routine ~> WBB Routine #1

If you can't afford the equipment, you should join a gym that has the equipment.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    What equipment do you have? If you don't have a squat rack, you need to buy one. And take a look at this routine ~> WBB Routine #1

If you can't afford the equipment, you should join a gym that has the equipment.
    I have a Bandflex LT 2000. Yea, I thought about going to the gym but I just don't have time. I have a full time job and school starts on the 6th.

Using a machine to lift is inefficient at best, dangerous at worst.

Trying to isolate muscles is inefficient at best, dangerous at worst.

Can you still make progress with your plan? Sure, but it will pale in comparison to someone who uses a routine based on movements using free weights.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310