Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your starting out/motivation pic

Post your starting out/motivation pic

Post your pics from when you were a fat useless tub of lard or when you were a skinny little twig.

I'm sure everyone here must have one picture that they use to keep them motivated. I look at this picture from time to time, to make sure I'll NEVER EVER end up looking like that again.

This was me, aged 19, 5ft 7 at an awesome <120lbs... my lowest point ever. I had a 34 inch chest, 9 inch arms , 19 inch legs.

I'm now 170 and feeling SO much better. Now 40 inch chest, 14 inch arms, 24 inch legs. I'm still a little way from my goals but im more than satisfied with my progress and this picture helps to keep me motivated from ever looking this disgusting again.

So come on, cast your shame aside and post it for us all to see. Feel free to put in an "after" pic too so we can all see how far you have come.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i don't look at where i was for motivation, i look at where i want to be:

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man Schweigen.

~L. Wittgenstein

lol, and you're not far off.. you're a goddam beast from the pics i've seen.

Did you start off skinny/fat/normal?

i started off "skinny-fat", about 5 and a half years ago now, at 171 lbs during the summer after high school. i posted a picture a while back, let me dig it up ..
    Last edited by Narcissus; 04-12-2006 at 11:55 AM.

~L. Wittgenstein

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Matt, it's hard to believe that that's you. Granted, you were still a teenager, but the transformation seems incredible.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

is it the suspenders? i was in germany visiting my family, we were all in funny outfits!
    Last edited by Narcissus; 04-12-2006 at 12:10 PM.

~L. Wittgenstein

LOL it's the suspenders and the hair, and the shirt... you look more like classical music prodigy than a wild dancefloor ruling meathead.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

i think we were actually going to an opera in salzburg that day!

my hair used to be so nice back in the day ... now i'm waiting for my health insurance at my new company to kick in so i can visit a dr and get a finasteride Rx trade-offs ...

~L. Wittgenstein

Meh. I'll take quality beef over hair.

i want both.

i want everything.

~L. Wittgenstein

wow.. very impressive!

Cmon everyone else.. post your pics!

I've been there! recognized mozart-ville immediately.
    "In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination." -Mark Twain

Damn Dave, I though you ripped a pic from the 'Close Encounters' website. I'm damn glad to hear that you don't look like that anymore.

DJ

^ haha, yeah, me too!

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    There are two sides to motivation when it comes to cleaning up your body. What not to become and what to become. You need them both and at different times.

All it takes is seeing some fat ass pack food in his face to give you renewed vigor at times... Sometimes, it takes a picture of Ronnie Coleman to jump start your diet. Either way, it is a combination of both for many individuals. Generally when the luster of one dies down, the other can pick up where the other left off. Sort of like a sea saw...

Just my thoughts.

So, what did YOU used to look like? Former fatass, right?
    Go on, post the shameful pic

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidelmo
    So, what did YOU used to look like? Former fatass, right?
    Go on, post the shameful pic
    Well, as far as fat, I was a fat ass. But not like everyone else who calls themselve a fat ass. I looked like your typical small beer belly dude... No one guess I was 260 anyway, 220 or so is what they guessed if that gives you an idea.

Someday I will get around to posting my older pictures. I need to upload them to the file server first though.

But my motivation was to be able to get my socks on without breaking a sweat and to teach my soon to be born child the right way to live in all aspects of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissus
    i want everything.
    lol I thought you got everything you wanted!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

damn davidelmo and narc..awesome transforrmations. I started off like davidelmo, pretty much same height except I weighed about 105 and looked just like the 120 pic.

1st and 2nd pics are from 2002. approx 185lbs

3rd and 4th pics are from march 2005 before I hit the needle.

5th pic is from november 2005, nearing end of my cycle.

I got sick and couldn't do proper pct and blah blah blah excuses excuses. Anyways, I'm working my way back up to the 3rd and 4th pics. Should be there in about 4-6 more weeks, then I'll start working on getting the rest back.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

^^ Insane.. it's like you doubled in size!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel777
    Well, as far as fat, I was a fat ass. But not like everyone else who calls themselve a fat ass. I looked like your typical small beer belly dude... No one guess I was 260 anyway, 220 or so is what they guessed if that gives you an idea.

Someday I will get around to posting my older pictures. I need to upload them to the file server first though.

But my motivation was to be able to get my socks on without breaking a sweat and to teach my soon to be born child the right way to live in all aspects of life.
    That's the best motivation ever.

When I eventually have kids, I'd definately getting them started with health & fitness from an early age. Plus I will try to educate them about basic biology etc so they can make their own choices. I dont expect them to be a bodybuilder or anything, but I definately want them to be healthy. I would never pessure so much that it means they can't have fun or enjoy themselves, but I definately don't want a fatass kid.

In the UK the news said that this generation of children born now are the first in hundreds of years who are not expected to outlive their parents. That's pretty scary... I dont want my kid to die of a heart attack in their 50's.

By the way.. MORE PICS!

I want to see Built in her "fatass" era too, hehe

From my first pic post, check this bad boy out

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/atta...3&d=1114250885

I'll post an update pic in a few months, always been tall with long arms but christ what a mess!
    Height 6ft 1"
    Current Weight 200lbs

Goal
    200lbs @ 10%bf

With a little from:
    WBB #1
    www.atlargenutrition.com
    EC Stack
    Advice from WBB members

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    DavyRen - All around nice guy. Respectful to the end.

Wannabebig New Member
    Narcissus wrote:

"my hair used to be so nice back in the day ... now i'm waiting for my health insurance at my new company to kick in so i can visit a dr and get a finasteride Rx trade-offs ..."

Take it from me, "bald is beautiful." Finasteride doesn't work. Don't waste your time and money on it. I've been taking Proscar (Finasteride) for years supposedly, according to my urologist, to avoid an enlarged prostrate. My glorious head is as bald as it ever was. Luckily bald is in fashion these days.

Prime
    Last edited by Primemuscle; 04-18-2006 at 01:45 PM.