Thread: Bench Curl

Gamer/Lifter

Bench Curl

That curl video reminded me of what I saw a few backs. It was two guys on a bench and now have a new name for it its called the Bench Curl. See it invovles two poeple, one person benching and one spotting now you ensure that the person is over what they can handle in the range of what you can curl. So you toss that weight on the bar and he attempts to bench you attempt to curl it, and in your attempts you get the weight up, then you repeat. You can get really big biceps too after a while, depending on how big your partners ego is.

O yea and a second work out I saw its called Hump Da Air Curl

You stand in the middle of the squat rack with 55 LBs, and you stick your but out backwards then you throw it forward and you use the speed to get the bar up over to your chest. To redo simply quickly release the bar downward sticking your but back again then prepare to hump it again.

Lately i've seen a lot of poeple curling in a such a way I jsut want to go over there and go WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
    "My eyes have been opened...I know who I am...and I know what a friend is..."
    PUMP

Paying attention to other people in the gym is a waste of time most of the time.

Focus on you and your workout, althought it is amusing to watch some of this ****.. LOL

I just don't get the ego thing, like the whole 'I need to have these plates on this bar! I don't care about the ROM'. But I digress...

The only thing I don't like seeing is people doing X-reps, the shortened ROM movements at the end of a failing set. Just cause the people doing it are JAAAYCKED.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    Paying attention to other people in the gym is a waste of time most of the time.

Focus on you and your workout, althought it is amusing to watch some of this ****.. LOL
    That's half the fun of going to the gym!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Gamer/Lifter
    There is nothing better then watching some terriable form and having the guy brag about it.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

I don't get to see much of this since I usually go at 11PM. Too crowded during the day, I prefer having the whole place to myself.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    ^^

I went at 6pm on Saturday and I was the only one in the gym. I guess everyone else was out getting fat.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Gamer/Lifter
    Prob going start going on the weekends etc esp for deads.

O yea and a second work out I saw its called Hump Da Air Curl

You stand in the middle of the squat rack with 55 LBs, and you stick your but out backwards then you throw it forward and you use the speed to get the bar up over to your chest. To redo simply quickly release the bar downward sticking your but back again then prepare to hump it again.
    Hahahah, perfect explanation. Hump Da Air Curl should be a new term!
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002