The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

left peck bigger, right forearm bigger, left shoulder stronger!

my left peck is bigger than my right and my right forearm is way bigger than my left. my left should;er is also seems straighter or strongest then my right, i am worried. my lefgs look good, but i want to be porportionate...does ne1 else have this problem?

it never showed up when i wasn't working out, but after I been eating and lifting, i started to grow lol...and so now im all uneven everywhere

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

just as a side note, 'pec' is short for pectoral, there is no need for the k.
    Last edited by nhlfan; 08-29-2006 at 11:36 PM.
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "Fk you and the Prowler you rode in on"

oh ok, sorry

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but if you're only 94 lbs, you need to gain almost 100 lbs before you start worrying about such silly little details.

yes i know ive been eating and eating alot lately and so far i gained 5 lbs. this is what i eat

1. burger king crosantwhich and OJ in morning (on way to school)

2. pizza,pretzels,honey buns, candy bars and everything i can for lunch at cafeteeria.

3. bagels n cream cheese, burritos, chicken and veggies for dinner.

i also drink whey protien before bed

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Holy ****! You're only 95 pounds? Your username fits the bill perfectly. o.O

You kind of eat like crap. And you need a lot more healthy fats in your diet.

Take a look at this ~> What A Bodybuilder Eats

You don't weigh nearly enough to even start being concerned with proportion. You need to gain some weight.

yes i know ive been eating and eating alot lately and so far i gained 5 lbs.
    How long did that take you?

What does your current training routine look like? (exercises, days, sets, reps, etc...)
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 08-30-2006 at 12:02 AM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Well, uhhh, that's a pretty horrible diet in terms of your health, but if a dirty bulk is your thing then I guess...

I think you'd be better off eating clean. What your eating right now might seem like a lot but it really isn't. Spread your meals into six a day if possible and check out this for ideas of what kind of foods you should be eating. As far as the important items, you might want to stock up on Natural Peanut Butter. That's 100% Roasted Nuts without preservatives. When you first open the container there should be a thick layer of oil on the top. Stir it in and chow down. Also, you can't overlook the importance of milk. Try 2% or whole milk, if possible. Try to keep nuts, almonds or cashews with you at all times to munch on (even in class). Opt for whole wheat products rather than white. Oh, and don't forget to get your vegetables. I think a lot of people will tell you to track your macros, but I think as long as you're getting enough protein and good fats, and you're eating constantly, you probably won't need to worry about that for now.

Good luck and don't worry about pointless things for the time being.
    Last edited by Tofer; 08-30-2006 at 12:05 AM.

ok thanks for all the info guys, yeah i took me little over 3 months to gain 5 lbs. im one of the skinniest kids in my class but ive always had a strong right arm my mom says its because i throw alot of rocks and baseballs. i just hate when we play skins and shirts in p.e. and im the skinny kid out there.

If you're only gaining 1-2 pounds a month, you need to eat more. And again I ask:

What does your current training routine look like? (exercises, days, sets, reps, etc...)

i hope you better be packing in your pants, cuz you're on funny looking guy. ok ok i'm just kidding.

not everyone is symmetrical and the the skinnier you are, the more it will show, or the easier it is to notice.

so right now just focus on compound lifts and dieting. wait until you are 140 or 150lbs and if there are still noticable "uneveness" then come back and ask this question again.

have fun gaining.

Quote Originally Posted by must_eat
    my mom says its because i throw alot of rocks and baseballs.

That made me laugh hard for some crazy reason.

Occupational Hypnomania
    Probably because it has the word "balls" in it.

Iron4Life
    must_eat.... you MUST EAT!!
    Like the guys have said above.. you need to eat more and better..
    The only unbalance you have right now is your bones sticking though your skin.. eat, lift, eat, rest, eat, grow... repeat..

As DNL stated above.. until you are of at least average weight (>150), then there is no way you can determine if you have any imbalances..

Good luck.. and keep lifting hard, eating right & a lot, and rest enough..
    Last edited by Bob; 08-30-2006 at 06:33 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by must_eat
    yes i know ive been eating and eating alot lately and so far i gained 5 lbs. this is what i eat

1. burger king crosantwhich and OJ in morning (on way to school)

2. pizza,pretzels,honey buns, candy bars and everything i can for lunch at cafeteeria.

3. bagels n cream cheese, burritos, chicken and veggies for dinner.

i also drink whey protien before bed
    That's pretty much the worst diet I ever seen on this forum, and anywhere else for that matter. Sounds like there's a lot you need to learn...the SEARCH button is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by jostrichm
    That's pretty much the worst diet I ever seen on this forum, and anywhere else for that matter. Sounds like there's a lot you need to learn...the SEARCH button is your friend.
    i really tought it was a joke at first, but it seems that he really eats this lol.
    5' 11" 160 20 y/o
    8% b/f

I personally think a troll is among us

^^

How about not assuming that? Yeah, that would be good.

to be fair......hes probably read posts from members here, using there cachphrases "eat", "gain 50lbs" etc etc.....so dont judge?

musteat....whats your training routine like???
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

Banned
    who cares, if he eats like that it wont matter

you can do pretty much any routine you want however crappy it is. however, if you arent eating acceptably at least the majority of the time, results will be minimal
    Last edited by f=ma; 08-30-2006 at 10:35 AM.

im one of the skinniest kids in my class but ive always had a strong right arm my mom says its because i throw alot of rocks and baseballs
    Lay off the pocket pool, eat more, and read all the stickeys.

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 195 (01JAN09)
    B/F: 11%
    Goal Weight: 210
    Starting weight: 150 (10/1/04)

hey guys, ok this is my routine

mon:legs and abs
    tues: rest
    wed:rest
    thur:chest,tris,shoulders,back and bis
    fri:rest
    sat:rest
    sun:abs

the reason why i everything thurs is because i want the most rest time. i keep on reading the more rest, the better so that's what im doing and i know my diet is crappy, but all i have is the vending machines if i pack a tuna sandwhihc it will be soggy before lunchtime.

you do have the most rest time... but having everything on the same day will take alot out of you and eventually be more counter productive than good. but if you want to maximize your rest days, i would suggest doing fullbody twice a week.

the reason why i everything thurs is because i want the most rest time. i keep on reading the more rest, the better so that's what im doing
    Um, not in your case. You don't to be doing that many things on a single day. You want to spread it out another day or two. And you didn't write out your routine. That is just body parts. What exercises, sets, and reps are you doing for each?

my diet is crappy, but all i have is the vending machines if i pack a tuna sandwhihc it will be soggy before lunchtime
    Start making food at home and bring it with you. Tuna is not the only food on earth. You could always put the tuna in a separate container and then spread it on your bread when you're ready to eat it. Your diet is key.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 08-30-2006 at 06:24 PM.

well im going to start the wbb routine now even though it looks easy. hey scar, i do 4x10 for each exersise but like i said im going to start the wbb one. i just hate that my left pec is alot biegger and i can feel it when i flex.

tommorow im bringing tuna caserole, potatoe, and bread for lunch!! so no more eating junk food for me! im just going to stuff my face and lift till i die.

just hate that my left pec is alot biegger and i can feel it when i flex
    You're only 94 pounds. Start worrying about that when you gain about 30-40 pounds.

tommorow im bringing tuna caserole, potatoe, and bread for lunch!! so no more eating junk food for me! im just going to stuff my face and lift till i die.
    Well that's good. You should track what you eat on www.fitday.com and find out the minimum you need to eat in order to gain weight. Then stuff your face with good food.

well im going to start the wbb routine now even though it looks easy.
    If you find it easy, you're not working intensely enough.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 08-30-2006 at 07:19 PM.