Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emotionally Binging

chew on carrots, cucumbers and nuts instead? crunchy and nutritious. btw getfit says chewing on apple skin works.

Quote Originally Posted by hottytoddychick
    Anyone have any alternatives to eating the whole freakin' tub of ice cream?
    Just go do the Crossfit workout of the day, take a long hot shower and then make a list of all the things you don't like about the guy follwed by a good nights sleep.

I've been having the same issue. I get really down and just start binging, and not just alittle, but massive stuff. 2 pints of ben and jerrys and a whole pack of oreos, pack on m&ms, and pack of white chocolate cookies was my bing last week.

Best stress relief I've had recently is riding my motorcycle up through the moutains. Strap on the tight leather, and go for a spirited ride. When your going 90mph into a corner you don't have time to think about the stress of life. You have to stay focused or you die, so that works for me.
    Nick V

Take it out in the gym...

...another way is to taunt the ice cream and hurt its feelings by refusing to eat it.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Buy the pint instead of the half-gallon.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by Unreal
    I've been having the same issue. I get really down and just start binging, and not just alittle, but massive stuff. 2 pints of ben and jerrys and a whole pack of oreos, pack on m&ms, and pack of white chocolate cookies was my bing last week.

Best stress relief I've had recently is riding my motorcycle up through the moutains. Strap on the tight leather, and go for a spirited ride. When your going 90mph into a corner you don't have time to think about the stress of life. You have to stay focused or you die, so that works for me.
    Damn i want a motorcycle.
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3

I start off by alittle ice cream eating (1-3 gallons over the course of 6 hours) and then enjoy a few hours of madden.

But I dont do it because im emotinal... I do it for fun lol

Man, I want a whole pizza. It's carb loading on UD2.0 ... I only have 7 dollars and I don't feel like stepping outside

when i have a food binge i eat a thick slice of cheddar cheese...if you can eat after that then fairplay
    started june 06
    now weigh 180lbs 5'4
    age 26
    bench 240lbs
    dead 340lbs
    seated shoulder press 85lbs (each arm)

Banned
    Caveat: This assumes that you don't WANT to be eating ice cream because of your emotions.

If you're eating ice cream because you're emotionally distressed, you need to do two things:

1) Disconnect the food = main source of pleasure reaction. It's ice cream, not LOVE. There are a ton of approaches to this (research into habit changing and take your pick of Tony Robbins, Stephen Covey, you name it...). Moderation can also help a LOT. Personally, I'm pretty strict when it comes to diet but I find that savouring a single square of 70% cocoa chocolate (take tiny little bites like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory Book) can quell most cravings. Try to make sure you're not consuming lots of fat and protein around this time as well; ideally you want the chocolate consumed in isolation, at least 1/2 hour apart from any other eating.

2) Find something else pleasurable to do. Whether it's exercise, reading, games, hell even masturbation -- find something else that pleases you and do that instead of eating.
    Last edited by Relentless; 09-01-2006 at 12:36 PM.

I usually break things.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

I do two things if I get stressed out.

First thing is spirited drives through the mountain roads, nothing like going really fast through some turns. And these switch backs in the mountains where I live, oh my way too much fun. Then again, i'm a speed junkie so anything fast that keeps me on my toes normally gets my stress back down.

Second thing, Start hitting the heavy bag.

One time I took out the Grand Am and topped it out for over a three mile stretch. Then I went through some winding roads and took the corners so hard that I could feel the tires slipping. It was wicked and it worked, but the consequences are severe.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Learning as I progress
    Except for when my first cut went horribly wrong and somehow morphed in a bulk, when I get stressed I get tired and almost hate food.

Also when im stressed, my goals seem to ring in my head so much more, but thats just me.
    Complication breeds desperation.

I just ate a whole pizza, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by markdk86
    I just ate a whole pizza, ugh.
    For the sake of your diet you might not want to make this a regular part of your carb load. I know it's less fun, but that much fat really makes UD2 less sucessful.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

It isn't. My normal carb load is a bit of serial to satisfy my sweet tooth, and mostly milk, bagels (a lot of them) and pasta. I was going through a bag of Tomas's bagels a day for the carb loading. The pizza, I woke up at 12pm and had a craving for a whole pizza, it was tough but I ate it all.