Thread: Leg Training Post Injury

Leg Training Post Injury

I tore my rectus femoris about a year ago and it had been a recurrent injury of sorts (really a long story), i am now pretty much for the first time since then able to run freely again.

Obviously i waded my way through months of rehab and such and it was my physio's opinion then that i was basically placing my legs under too much stress. I was playing rugby probabaly seven times a week and then gym leg workouts and maybe one or two social run arounds with my friends.

So here is my question, i never really felt like gym training made me quicker (running wise), and i am scared that if i do train again i will be more prone to hurting my leg again, but i do love to train and wouldn't mind putting on a little weight again (no squat = no weight) so has anyone else had a similar injury, successfully recovered, advice?

Damn man, 7 days a week of rugby?! That's some serious strain on your muscles, not including weight training. How old are you?

I am 22. 5x a week for my club then twice a week for i spose a smaller club in a different leage