Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Log

Training Log

9/8/2006 ME Squat/Dead
    Gotta start somewhere. So I'll start here.

Warmup: 5 mins elliptical

Good Mornings
    45x10
    95x10
    135x5
    185x3
    225x1
    245x1

Step ups
    bw x 15
    +50 x 10,10

HS Shrugs
    90x15
    2x15 @ 180

45 deg hypers
    4x10

Bench situps
    4x12

Stretching.

GPP sucks. Good mornings suck. But suck is better than nothing.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 09-08-2006 at 03:30 PM.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Those are serious GMs. How tall are you?

edit: I'm the first to post in Paul's journal besides Paul. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by TwiloMike; 09-08-2006 at 03:25 PM.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

My best good morning is something like 345.

I'm 5'11". Weight is around 215 right now, I've lost about 10 pounds in the last few months.

Hopefully this time I'll post more than one or two workouts before I stop.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Another journal? ... visions of monstar appear....

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Please do. I'm curious to see how you train.

I'm almost 6'3" and I'm fairly new to GMs- I've done 135x3 once. I was just curious about how much stress you were generating based on your height (assumed typically proportional torso length).
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

How about some pictars?

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike
    Please do. I'm curious to see how you train.

I'm almost 6'3" and I'm fairly new to GMs- I've done 135x3 once. I was just curious about how much stress you were generating based on your height (assumed typically proportional torso length).
    It's more THAT I train at all, not how. I haven't trained regularly for about 6 months.

I follow a typical WSB template, with more of a 'go heavy' emphasis than anything else. I'm working on my tendency to overthink things, I'd rather overtrain.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Hmmmm but overtraining is teh suck, at least according to some posters here. Your limbs are supposed to start falling off or something if you overtrain. Why not compose a fixed routine and stick with it? Show up here every time after you train, post it, get **** for it like everyone else, and all will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike
    How about some pictars?
    I'm afraid of being stalked. I'm really good looking.

Really.

Good.

Looking.

Actually, there are old pitures of me from a meet back in 2002, search for posts started by me in the members pic section.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I should just merge all these journals. You need to quit working and get a lifting life.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I'm only 20 years away from retirement.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

9.9.2006 Extra
    Figured I'd do something today.

20 minutes treadmill
    TKEs 2x20 w/ light band
    Stretching

I also washed the Jag, but I don't think that counts, does it?
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

It counts if you had the help of an attractive well endowed lady wearing only a white Tshirt. Gl with the new journal, looking forward to seeing your training methods.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

It only counts if you did it outside, in a wet t-shirt... or so I hear.

What are TKEs?

edit: damn, so unoriginal.
    Last edited by TwiloMike; 09-09-2006 at 02:39 PM.

TKE
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

9/10/06 ME Bench
    On the first Sunday of football season, there were 4 other people in the gym. Workout time: 12:40 - 1:40

side raises superset with front raises, 2x20 with 5 pound plates

Incline Close Grips
    2x15 @ 45
    2x5 @ 95
    135x3
    155x3
    175x3
    185x1
    205x1
    210x1

Had to lift my ass off the bench to get the last one. As a point of reference, the last time I did these that I could find in my old log, my PRs were 205x3 and 230x1. I have a long way to go.

Dips
    2x5

I haven't done Dips for years. It felt like my arms were going to fall off.

Hammer Strength Row
    1pps x 12
    2pps x 8,8,5(f)

DB 1 arm shoulder press
    20x10
    2x10 @ 30

Pulldowns
    2x8 @ 150

Leg press load/unload - 8 pps

All in all, not shabby. But I'm still on the road from **** to suck, which means I need to stick to basic stuff and just lift heavy.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

good to see a new journal!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Doing some repetition work instead of dynamic work for now. Need to build up.

Squat
    45x10
    95x10
    135x5
    185x5
    3x5 @ 225

The last set was easier than the first, felt like I was in the right groove. There's something a little amis in my lower back.

Rack pulls (from the knee
    135x5
    2x5 @ 225

Hypers
    4x10

Lying leg raises
    3x10

Lots and lots of stretching

Workout time: 3:05 - 4:00

Interesting how the crowd at they gym is pretty much the same folks from 5 years ago. Some come and go, of course.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Paul, you have such great straight forward advice. You should listen to it and stop letting your potential waste away. Just get your ass to the gym and lift heavy things.

Cause you're getting old.

And frail.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

This I've known for quite some time.

The getting old thing I think got me motivated. I only have a couple more runs at getting really jacked. If I'm not going to do it, I need to get a bike and drop 30 pounds, or take up golf or something.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

lifting heavy
    Your not old!! Your 36. I do not see any reason why you cant be stronger at 37 then you were at 27. I always thought mid to late 30s were where men hit their strength peak. You are in your prime.

Indeed. What I mean is that I don't have as much time as I did when I was 26 to make a run at really getting jacked.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Good to see you back Paul, I hope you keep this journal updated, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Meh, don't worry about being 36. Good to see you're keeping up with the lifts and journalage. Steady wins the race, so keep at it.