The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Disciple#1

Got on the waggon...

As of yesterday i decided it was time to quit drinking alcohol once and for all. Up until now i've had my up's and downs with its use, but it seems that lately (past month or 2) the up's have been getting higher & more frequent than i'm happy with. Starting to effect my dailly life as well as those around me, so i reckon the sooner i quit the better.

I dont know how many of you will have had experiance with this subject, or for that matter have experianced 'blackouts' on a regular basis. But i do hope it's not many of you. I know this is not the the ideal place to post a subject like this, but if anyone can understand me i pretty much just needed to get it off my chest, as so far my gf is the only other person i've told.

Anyway thanx for reading, hopefully this should also help my training goals and any advice would be appretiated

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good for you dude.
    Good luck with it.

I put up a ton of posts with info on blackouts and what causes them a few months back, you might want to look at it, I got the impression from your post that you think its an "alcoholic" event or something that only happens to those that drink a lot. Thats not the case.
    Do what you have to do.

Congrats, it's never easy quitting something like that. I've been sober of a couple of years now.

You are very smart to take control of the problem before it starts to control you. It's not easy admitting you have a problem so my hats off to you. You've accomplished the hardest part already.

As for advice? I would say to stay focused and be careful of the situations you place yourself in for a while. Try to stay away from the party scene until you are strong enough to say no, some people never are so be careful. I am a musician and a soundman so I spend a **** load of time in bars so I can tell you first hand that it's not easy to be around it.

I would direct all my energy towards working out and a healthier lifestyle, that will help. The more you get in touch with your body and what makes it healthy and what keeps it healthy the less you will want to do anything to harm it.

You might want to find some people to talk to for the first little while, people with experience. People that can help you through tough momements or that will just be there to listen. AADAC is a great resource if you feel yourself slipping.

You can drop me a line any time you want too.

Good luck

Good for you. At first, I'd say, don't let yourself get caught up in other habits to replace drinking. However, I'd much rather be a moderate drinker than a smoker, but if you can't drink in moderation, perhaps smoking (or, preferably, a more healthy addiction) is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Good for you. At first, I'd say, don't let yourself get caught up in other habits to replace drinking. However, I'd much rather be a moderate drinker than a smoker, but if you can't drink in moderation, perhaps smoking (or, preferably, a more healthy addiction) is in order.
    Smoking? No way man, don't do that! Don't transfer the dependancy to anything, not even healthy things, it's just masking the real problem.

Disciple#1
    Thanks for the support guys, and i agree bassman i'm not gonna go from 1 bad to another, i already quit smoking about 8 months ago and i got no intention of startin it again...to hard to stop :/

bassman - I already went to my first AA meet last night, so i've already got that and cutting out spending time at my usual haunts until i get over this for a bit. Also thanks for the invite to PM you if a need any support on this, very much appretiated

geoff - I had a look at your post and found it pretty informative, but i think my problems a touch deeper than just my 'blackout' situation. There's a whole host of things being effected by it but thank you for the additional info on that part of it.

MixmasterNash - Thanks also, but i think i'll stick with the first line of your post and just get myself wrapped up in health and lifting.

No sweat man, been there.

Like I said, anytime you need anything just let me know.

PS, congrats on going to AA, the first meeting is the hardest, way to go!!

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Good luck, man.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

start small. dont say you will never drink again. try taking it day to day, wake up in the mornin and say "im not going to drink today."

good luck
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Disciple#1
    Thanks again guys, i figure that outside meetings every time i get the urge i'm gonna do some HIT to get it out my system(without overdoing it).

I'm the opposite, I need to be increasing my drinking. I can hardly drink very much at the minute, I'd like to increase my tolerance so I can drink 20-25 pints a night.