Thread: The Champion's Journal

The Champion's Journal

Alright.

Started out in september benching about 155 for three reps or so. On and off working out, not really serious. I was at 6'4" and around 185-190 lbs.

Since October I've been working out about 5 times a week
    And now, at the end of four months i'm up to 215lbs and benching 225 at about 6 reps. I'd estimate body fat at 15-18% from my last readout in september.

Long term Goals: 6'4" 225lbs. LEAN! Want to be at 8-10% body fat. I wanna be goddamned superman.

Diet:
    Breakfast- Oatmeal, bagel, yogurt and milk
    Until lunch- snacking at school on two apples, protein bar, grapes, and two pb&j sandwiches
    Lunch- I buy lunch, off-campus lunch. Usually from a sandwich place like Quiznos or Subway, or a lean burger, or a Burrito
    Until dinner- Usually a small dinner of chicken and veggies
    Dinner- Usually meaty like a steak, or more chicken with potatoes

I know my diet isn't great, starting to re-work it. Starting to make grilled chicken breasts so i can have a chicken sandwich for lunch. Open to suggestions. Keep in mind, I'm in high school, I'm in school from 7:45-3:10.

Pictures to come.

January 30, 2007

Rest Day.

hey, welcome to the journals. Good luck with your goals, keep consistant and you will see some gains.

cheers.
    Joe
    465/405/495 = 1365
    squat / bench / dead

TeamArmenia's Journal - Joe Avakian

thanks joe

January 31, 2007

Legs Day

Tried to squat for the first time in a while. Warmed up on 225, went to 300, after about 6 reps of poor form, my knees were killing me (little cartilege left) and very little "burn" from the lift. Did machines the rest of the day deciding to forego power lifting and start doing more negative work. Also did wall squats holding for a minute and thirty on both legs and 45 seconds on one leg each. Abs to finish.

Today felt more like a conditioning workout than a lift, need to forego the squats and start using the machines to get a good lift.

If i were in your place, i would find a buddy thats excellent with his form and work with no weight and just get your squat forms and other forms down and slowly work into them. I have bad knees too, I streatched my miniscus in my right knee and left knee had to have the knee cap pulled up and over becuause it was digging into my leg. Mechines are nice but dont rely on them to make you push big weights, once u get your form you will feel comfortable and the big weights will slowly come back.

Cheers
    Joe
    465/405/495 = 1365
    squat / bench / dead

TeamArmenia's Journal - Joe Avakian

Quote Originally Posted by TeamArmenia View Post
    If i were in your place, i would find a buddy thats excellent with his form and work with no weight and just get your squat forms and other forms down and slowly work into them. I have bad knees too, I streatched my miniscus in my right knee and left knee had to have the knee cap pulled up and over becuause it was digging into my leg. Mechines are nice but dont rely on them to make you push big weights, once u get your form you will feel comfortable and the big weights will slowly come back.

Cheers
    Joe
    sounds good, thanks.

February 1, 2007

Decided to switch over the the pull/push days of lifting. Today I did bicep workout, all negative work- outstanding rip, can really feel the strength coming on. My reps have gone way up after just two days of it. Moving up on the weights next time. Finished off with lats and back and shoulder shrugs and of course ab work. Felt great today.

Next Time Goals:
    Bicep Negatives: 8-10 reps each in quick succession of 40,35,30

Lat Pulldowns: Up it to 175 and get 6-8 reps in

Seated Row: Going to shoot high at 8 reps of 200-170-140 in a row

Shoulder Shrug: Keep pushing it, start out the weight at 315 and move up 20 lbs for the last set.

Abs: add in scissors.

February 3, 2007

Chest and Triceps

Chest:
    100x7x3 on dumbell press. Felt great today, really improved in the last week. Reps were much more controlled and got a good negative burn
    205x7x2 on regular bench press. Once again, the bar felt much lighter, huge improvement, last week I only put up 4 reps

Triceps:
    Tricep pulldown extensions: 110x10 100x10x2 Great burn, stength keeps increasing exponentially, it seems like, for my triceps
    Tricep overhead extentions 100x10 90x10 80x10 Not as much endurance here as I would like, but I did increase strength here as well
    Tricep Dips: 30reps 3 sets Good burn, more endurance than last week.

Abs: Increased medicene ball from 10lbs to 14lbs- good burn, held up strong.

Great workout today, really felt a huge increase in strength from last week. Hoping to continue the trend.

February 5, 2007

had to take the last TWO days off :/ My Bears in the superbowl > lifting

Today I returned to squatting. Started light today to get form down. 135x10 then 225x10 then 275x7 then 295x4. Form got shaky on the 275 and 295 sets so its something im going to have to work at. Continued from there to a multitude of leg press machines, but overall not a great workout and had to leave the gym early b/c of time constraints. Finished with a GREAT abs workout.

Next Time Goals:
    Continue good form. 275x8x3