Page 39 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 975 of 3111

Thread: Invain wants to be heyoooge...

  1. #951
    TJW Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pickering, Ontario
    Posts
    3,238
    *cough* AAS after the meet *cough*. Yes I know, that was a very long cough.
    Age: 24 Height: 5'9" Weight: 185

    Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

    People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

    The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

  2. #952
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    I would if I could find a source. Nobody I know locally can get any and my buddies source in Florida dried up. Dunno about ordering overseas/online, **** makes me real nervous.

    Matt Kroc moved to Ann Arbor and a couple guys I lift with went and trained at his house a couple weeks ago. Thinking about asking if I ever get to train with him, he should know somebody, lol.
    Last edited by Invain; 10-09-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  3. #953
    TJW Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pickering, Ontario
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    I would if I could find a source. Nobody I know locally can get any and my buddies source in Florida dried up. Dunno about ordering overseas/online, **** makes me real nervous.

    Matt Kroc moved to Ann Arbor and a couple guys I lift with went and trained at his house a couple weeks ago. Thinking about asking if I ever get to train with him, he should know somebody, lol.
    I did online and I got really good stuff. I never ended up using it, but my buddies that ordered the same stuff said it's great quality. There are great sources online, you just have to do your homework. If you want, I can find out who I ordered from and give you his contact info. and see if he's still a reputable guy. If not, yeah, I'm sure Kroc knows a person or two, lol.
    Age: 24 Height: 5'9" Weight: 185

    Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

    People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

    The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

  4. #954
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I did online and I got really good stuff. I never ended up using it, but my buddies that ordered the same stuff said it's great quality. There are great sources online, you just have to do your homework. If you want, I can find out who I ordered from and give you his contact info. and see if he's still a reputable guy. If not, yeah, I'm sure Kroc knows a person or two, lol.
    If I can't find anybody local I might check out the online source you used.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  5. #955
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    You would do very well in a bb show, especially if you take the time and plan carefully for it.

  6. #956
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    Thanks Coke. I def think if I work my ass off this next year I can do some major damage .

    Some good news, I may have found a source for my cycle. However, he's out of Test E which is what I really want to run so we'll see how long till he gets more in.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  7. #957
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    Accessory Bench/Shoulders

    Speed Bench
    135 x 10
    225 x 3 x 6

    Close Grip Bench
    225 x 5
    275 x 2
    290 x 2
    300 x 2

    Arnie Press
    55 x 10
    85 x 5
    85 x 4
    70 x 10

    Standing Face Pull
    120 x 10
    150 x 5
    160 x 5
    160 x 5

    DB Lateral Raise
    30 x 10
    40 x 5
    40 x 5

    Weight was 188 today, 7 pound gain from my refeed lol. I'm gonna add more carbs in after my workouts and skip next weekend's refeed so my weight doesn't fluctuate so much. Close grip is really moving fast right now. Hopefully it carries over to my comp. grip bench.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  8. #958
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    If I were you I'd do a natural show before you dip into the anabolics. Like Coke said, you'd probably do very well.

    I'll admit though, I'm interested to see what'd happen if you got on some test.

  9. #959
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    Yeah the thought crossed my mind, I did really want to do a natty show. I really want to see how far I can make it power lifting wise more though. If I I make up my mind and actually get all the stuff I need I'd like to find a non-tested raw meet right after my cycle. I think I could put up some nasty numbers @ 198 after a 12 week cycle of test.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  10. #960
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Yeah the thought crossed my mind, I did really want to do a natty show. I really want to see how far I can make it power lifting wise more though. If I I make up my mind and actually get all the stuff I need I'd like to find a non-tested raw meet right after my cycle. I think I could put up some nasty numbers @ 198 after a 12 week cycle of test.
    True.

    But man you're putting up nasty numbers NOW.

  11. #961
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    Yeah my strength isn't bad right now but I know I'm not making near the gains I could. You also have no idea how sick I am of being under 200 pounds. Feel small.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  12. #962
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    Back and Bi's

    Deadlift
    225 x 10
    315 x 5
    405 x 5
    455 x 2
    495 x 1
    525 x 2

    Pullups
    Bw x 10
    Bw + 45 x 5
    Bw + 70 x 5
    Bw + 70 x 5
    Bw + 45 x 10

    Machine Rows
    200 x 10
    250 x 10
    250 x 10

    Barbell Curls
    Bar x 10
    95 x 5
    125 x 5
    135 x 4
    115 x 10

    Standing Hammer Curls
    45 x 10
    60 x 5
    60 x 5

    Last heavy week before my meet, really tried to focus on form with deads. They definitely felt better, last set was pretty smooth. Decided not to go any heavier after 525, last thing I need is an injury now.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  13. #963
    TJW Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pickering, Ontario
    Posts
    3,238
    How many days until the meet?! You should count us down every workout you post in here.
    Age: 24 Height: 5'9" Weight: 185

    Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

    People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

    The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

  14. #964
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    11 days
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  15. #965
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    Huge day with the pulling dude.

  16. #966
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    Thanks Coke.

    Forgot to mention I had something strange happen last night. Lately I've been feeling pretty damn good, recovery seems to be faster than normal, nothing sore/achy. However, last night I woke up around 5 in the morning with a pretty intense dull ache in both my shoulders. Didn't really feel like a joint issue, just a muscle ache. I stretched and took some ibuprofen but it didn't help. It wasn't necessarily painful, but it was beyond enough to keep me awake. Finally around 6 am I decided to try foam rolling. Felt like I had a huge knot in each shoulder, really dug in deep with the foam roller. Definitely seemed to help and was eventually able to fall asleep. Haven't felt anything in my shoulders so far today. Very strange to have something like that just randomly pop up in the middle of the night.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  17. #967
    Continuing... Time+Patience's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,702
    Your strength is very insane, especially with the length of you being on calories at just maintenance or below. Your strength would see some sick gains from just putting some more BW back on.

    Are you just playing with the idea of juice for the fact that you're curious about how you would respond to it? Do you think if you respond well to it then you'd look to continue using? I know some of these are just hypotheticals, but I assume you'd respond well, so is it something you would be willing to continue?
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

    Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

  18. #968
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    Honestly the only thing that's been holding me back from using gear is the fact that once I take the plunge I know I'll continue to use. I am extremely competitive by nature and I know the strength gains will be very addictive.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  19. #969
    TJW Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pickering, Ontario
    Posts
    3,238
    That's really strange you had something so bad that it woke you up, yet never hung around the following day and you were able to get rid of it on the foam roller. I've never felt anything like that but I guess with the weights you're pushing, you're bound to come across something weird like that at some point.

    That's a realistic view to have about AAS. I'm the same way but I also prefer overall balance in life vs. ups and downs. That was probably the reason why I decided not to go through with it. I rather have slow and steady progress vs. huge progress then decreased progress no matter what you put into it. For the vast majority of people, you'll lose 75-99% of what you gained post cycle no matter how good your diet/training is during PCT. I just personally couldn't deal with that from a mental standpoint.
    Age: 24 Height: 5'9" Weight: 185

    Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

    People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

    The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

  20. #970
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    Damn where'd you hear those numbers? I've heard from a few people if you follow correct PCT and continue to eat properly you can keep most of your gains. Depends on the cycle as well.

    One of the guys I used to lift with ran a cycle of Test Prop this summer. Do not ask me why, he is actually Med School student, which makes it even funnier, but he didn't now run any PCT. Kept pretty much all his gains, natural test production picked right up just fine. Biggest thing he noticed while on, besides strength/mass gain obviously, was how much his recovery time was decreased. Said it felt like he could train 24/7.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  21. #971
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    That's really strange you had something so bad that it woke you up, yet never hung around the following day and you were able to get rid of it on the foam roller. I've never felt anything like that but I guess with the weights you're pushing, you're bound to come across something weird like that at some point.

    That's a realistic view to have about AAS. I'm the same way but I also prefer overall balance in life vs. ups and downs. That was probably the reason why I decided not to go through with it. I rather have slow and steady progress vs. huge progress then decreased progress no matter what you put into it. For the vast majority of people, you'll lose 75-99% of what you gained post cycle no matter how good your diet/training is during PCT. I just personally couldn't deal with that from a mental standpoint.
    Are you talking size or strength with the AAS gains lost? I have heard that you'll lose about half your size gains after cycle, but I haven't delved into AAS information much.

  22. #972
    TJW Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pickering, Ontario
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Damn where'd you hear those numbers? I've heard from a few people if you follow correct PCT and continue to eat properly you can keep most of your gains. Depends on the cycle as well.

    One of the guys I used to lift with ran a cycle of Test Prop this summer. Do not ask me why, he is actually Med School student, which makes it even funnier, but he didn't now run any PCT. Kept pretty much all his gains, natural test production picked right up just fine. Biggest thing he noticed while on, besides strength/mass gain obviously, was how much his recovery time was decreased. Said it felt like he could train 24/7.
    I've done a lot of reading on forums and talked to people that have said those numbers. I've never heard from one person that you can keep "most" of your gains. I guess it does depend on the cycle and their experience. Those numbers were discussed about your first cycle only. It's also difficult to tell how much you keep because it depends on your diet. If you use AAS for a cut, then bulk during PCT, you probably won't lose too much weight and still look good so maybe that's where the "keeping most of it" comes from.

    Haha, I know some guys that have very respectable careers and education that use AAS. I'm not against it with regards to health at all! It can absolutely be used in a safe manner without any health concerns. Interesting to hear he said he kept most of his gains. Was it his first? He could be just saying that because in his mind he thinks he should have kept his gains so he doesn't want to look like a fool... Ya, some people don't even bother with PCT for their first if you're just running 500 mg of Test per week. Recovery rate is what I've heard, too. You ALWAYS feel fresh and ready to train.


    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Are you talking size or strength with the AAS gains lost? I have heard that you'll lose about half your size gains after cycle, but I haven't delved into AAS information much.
    Both size and strength. I've heard half too but as I said to Invain, it's tough to determine how much is actually kept because of diet during AND post cycle.
    Last edited by Keith; 10-13-2010 at 09:05 AM.
    Age: 24 Height: 5'9" Weight: 185

    Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

    People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

    The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

  23. #973
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,974
    I def. expect weight loss after coming off Keith, but from everything I've read it's pretty much all water if you do everything correctly.

    Chest and Tris

    Bench
    135 x 15
    135 x 10
    225 x 5
    275 x 2
    ~Paused/Press Command~
    315 x 1
    335 x 1
    345 x 1
    ~Touch n go~
    315 x 5

    Standing Cable Triceps Extensions
    150 x 10
    170 x 5
    200 x 5
    230 x 5

    Cable Pushdowns
    150 x 10
    200 x 5
    220 x 5
    230 x 5

    Last heavy session before my meet. Paused bench definitely went better than expected. 315 was a joke. 335 felt perfect. 345 was a little bit of a grinder, but I did hold the pause extra long just to get used to it. I think I'm gonna open with 315 and hit 340 for my second lift. Looking for 350 - 360 for my third lift, will really depend on how the 340 goes. Either way I'm pretty stoked, was barely expecting to hit 330 with a pause today.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  24. #974
    TJW Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pickering, Ontario
    Posts
    3,238
    Interesting. Well, if you decide to follow through with it, I'll definitely follow along with your progress. You seem to know what you're doing with regards to your diet, so I'll be following the 3 months you're on and the 3 after to see what you hold onto.

    Good to hear 345 went up with a pause. 340 sounds like a good number for your 2nd.
    Age: 24 Height: 5'9" Weight: 185

    Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

    People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

    The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

  25. #975
    A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,715
    Good stuff with the pause reps. What federation are you competing in? Do they allow knee wraps raw?
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •