The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: olympia

Banned
    Cutler won???? Is that true? Awesome! Congratulations to Jay!

Banned
    Yup....Cutler finally took it home.

noice!

Banned
    Who won? really?

Cutler is boring.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Btw was everyones experience watching the Olympia over the internet as shiitty as mine?
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Banned
    Who won???????????

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Jay Cutler
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

I'll admit Jay Cutler doesn't have the greatest charisma... But he deserves the Mr Olympia title. The title goes to the best bodybuilder, not the best personality.

Ronnie was definately not in condition. His gut was sticking out like a man who enjoys too much beer. I guess that bbq sauce Ronnie loves so much finally caught up with him.

I'm going to miss Ronnie's antics though. He had great stage presence. That's not to say Ronnie is finished yet...

Quote Originally Posted by taco
    I'll admit Jay Cutler doesn't have the greatest charisma... But he deserves the Mr Olympia title. The title goes to the best bodybuilder, not the best personality.

Ronnie was definately not in condition. His gut was sticking out like a man who enjoys too much beer. I guess that bbq sauce Ronnie loves so much finally caught up with him.

I'm going to miss Ronnie's antics though. He had great stage presence. That's not to say Ronnie is finished yet...
    I hope he comes back next year and destroys everyone. They should of gave the title to Ronnie so he could retire as the best bodybuilder in history with 9 wins in a row. Now he has to come back to prove that he is not old news.
    From 155 lbs to 200 lbs (PICS/VIDS INCLUDED)

Height: 6'0"; BW: 202lbs; Age: 24; BF: ~11%
    155lbs [07-01-06] 176lbs [09-14-06] 179lbs [09-21-06] 182lbs [10-02-06] 184lbs [10-18-06] 186lbs [10-23-06] 187lbs [11-08-06] 189lbs [11-19-06] 190lbs [11-21-06] 191lbs [12-21-06] 194lbs [12-31-06]

Bench: 250lbs; Squat: 350lbs lbs; Deadlift: 430 lbs

Military: 111lbsx8; Dips: BWx30; Pullups: BWx10; WChestP: 360lbsx7; 45LegP: 470lbsx20; C Raise: 360lbs; BB Curl: 105lbsx3; Lat Pull: 195lbsx5

from all the pictures ive seen i cant see any fat on ronnie as far as that goes

imo coleman should have beat cutler, i feel he has him on legs, destroys him on arms (upper and lower arm), an beats him on back because ronnie has a well rounded back, where as jay has overpowering lats compared to his traps

heres some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SaVvY

imo coleman should have beat cutler, i feel he has him on legs, destroys him on arms (upper and lower arm), an beats him on back because ronnie has a well rounded back, where as jay has overpowering lats compared to his traps

heres some pics
    this was mentioned in another olympia thread, but look at ronnies left lat in this pic
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/atta...5&d=1159894639

there is no way someone with that kind of tear or injury should win
    Last edited by Sidior; 10-03-2006 at 11:21 AM.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

I suspect Ronnie is done.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

I dunno. I think he may try to come back but I don't see him winning again. Dex should've one, IMO.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

When you look at the rear double bi...that's the proof right there. No way in HELL is anyone going to win the Mr. O with a torn left lat that looks that bad!! I'm actually pissed off he placed 2nd...he should have been much lower in my opinion!! He was only 2nd, because they can't have an 8 time Mr.O come in to a show and get clobbered and finish in 4th or 5th!!!
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaVvY

heres some pics
    Holy sh*t! Judging from those pics, Jay is way much better than Ronnie! I'm so glad he won, and Ronnie is gone!!!! He is our pride!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidemonster
    Holy sh*t! Judging from those pics, Jay is way much better than Ronnie! I'm so glad he won, and Ronnie is gone!!!! He is our pride!!!
    He's who's pride? And geez man, your praise of Jay is quite scary.
    Last edited by LouPac; 10-04-2006 at 05:15 AM.

As fun at Ronnie can be, I'm kinda glad to see him de-throned. How would football fans like it if the Raiders won the superbowl every year for 6-7 years consecutively? they'd get tired of the sport.

bodybuilding is no different. if the fans aren't interested, there is no sport...or at least no money to be made in the sport (and if you've priced tickets to the Olympia, you'll understand theres' lots of money making involved).

I too wouldn't be surprised if Ronnie retires from the olympia, much like Arnold did back in the 70's when he won his final Mr. Universe (I'm pretty sure it was universe, not olympia)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidior
    this was mentioned in another olympia thread, but look at ronnies left lat in this pic
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/atta...5&d=1159894639

there is no way someone with that kind of tear or injury should win
    just thought it was the angle, cant really see it in the other pics

Banned
    Jay won!!! He is the current Mr. Olympia!!! I can't believe it, I'm so happy, Ronnie got dethroned, it was about time, I knew Jay was gonna win the Mr. Olympia one day, he was the only one who had the genetics to beat Ronnie, and this time he did it!!! Congratulations to you Jay! You are the best bodybuilder in the world!
    Judging from the pictures that I saw, Jay looked awesome, I mean , unbelievable! I remember when a lot of people didn't like Jay Cutler's physique that much, but I always knew he was very good, and he looks better than ever! Bigger, denser, excellent proportions and symetry, he looked outstanding, way better than Ronnie! Ronnie is gone!...lol!
    Jay has the outstanding wide shoulders, his physique is near perfection, his muscle density has improved a lot, and his back...massive!!!
    Congratulations to the new Mr Olympia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malkore
    As fun at Ronnie can be, I'm kinda glad to see him de-throned. How would football fans like it if the Raiders won the superbowl every year for 6-7 years consecutively? they'd get tired of the sport.

bodybuilding is no different. if the fans aren't interested, there is no sport...or at least no money to be made in the sport (and if you've priced tickets to the Olympia, you'll understand theres' lots of money making involved).

I too wouldn't be surprised if Ronnie retires from the olympia, much like Arnold did back in the 70's when he won his final Mr. Universe (I'm pretty sure it was universe, not olympia)
    Yes, but let's face it, Jay was way better than Ronnie...I mean, look at those shoulders!...lol...He killed!

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidemonster
    Jay won!!! He is the current Mr. Olympia!!! I can't believe it, I'm so happy, Ronnie got dethroned, it was about time, I knew Jay was gonna win the Mr. Olympia one day, he was the only one who had the genetics to beat Ronnie, and this time he did it!!! Congratulations to you Jay! You are the best bodybuilder in the world!
    Judging from the pictures that I saw, Jay looked awesome, I mean , unbelievable! I remember when a lot of people didn't like Jay Cutler's physique that much, but I always knew he was very good, and he looks better than ever! Bigger, denser, excellent proportions and symetry, he looked outstanding, way better than Ronnie! Ronnie is gone!...lol!
    Jay has the outstanding wide shoulders, his physique is near perfection, his muscle density has improved a lot, and his back...massive!!!
    Congratulations to the new Mr Olympia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol, stooooop!

This is a joke right?

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Banned
    Jay Cutler rules! He is the new Mr.Olympia! He is our pride!