Well lately in health class its been really annoying. Im hearin from my teachers about low fat diet, higher repetitions to get a lean look, heavy liftin to bulk. Nutrition seems like just an extra if you are really dedicated.
Now as ive been on this forum, I have learned such things to be incorrect, but never actually asked for proof. This is silly on my part for several reasons.
1. I should always question something as being reliable or not.
2. Reading studies that prove the theories to be correct would only benefit my knowledge and help me argue my beliefs.
After debating with my teacher I said if look for some studies that show:
- Importance of fat in a persons diet
- Higher reps do not increase fat oxidation
- The optimal range for building muscles varies but can be generalized from 3-8
- Most info from the RDA is outdated
If someone could provide links, that would be great, when I get some free time I will do some independent research but I thought it would be interesting to post this here.