The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Hypertrophy Training

I figured it was time for another routine of mine. Just about all the routines I've published so far I've gotten nothing but great feedback on and people have been doing nothing but make very positive gains out of it. Like all my programs its basic progression with loading and maintaining the total work being done. You will need a fairly good work capacity, meaning you'll need some training time under your belt.

Upper Day 1:
    Bench Press**
    Pendlay Row**
    Military Press
    Cable or Band pull downs
    Decline sit-ups

Lower Day 1:
    Conventional Deadlifts**
    Leg Press
    Goodmornings
    Barbell shrugs

Upper Day 2:
    DB Bench**
    T-bar Rows
    Plate Raise (or Face pulls w/ bands)
    Weighted Pull ups

Lower Day 2:
    Squat**
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts**
    Reverse Hypers
    Dumbell Shrugs

* I will leave the arm work up to you. However dont spend all that much energy on them, just 3-4 sets a week is all you need. They get plenty of work with the rowing and other movements.

** Primary movers, your major lifts that need to be payed attention too.

Now the training sets/reps/load are gunna be a bit different with this. Its not going to be your basic 5x5 or 3x5.. In-fact it wont even be in the ball park like that... PAY ATTENTION!

Primary Movers:
    1.) 5x3
    2.) 5x3
    3.) 5x3
    4.) 4x6
    5.) 4x6
    6.) 5x5
    7.) 5x5
    8.) 5x5
    9.) 0ff

Get a projected 3RM of all your Primary Movers (*). Once you get your projected maxes at the END of th week calculate 78.5%.

- Example: 3 RM on Squat is 315. Take 315 x .785 = 247.275 (250)

Now after the first week you will start working your Primary Movers at 78.5% @ 3RM. Once you complete the first week continue adding 2.5-5% to the 78.5%.

- Example:
    Week 1 I did 250 (78.5%) on the squat.
    Week 2 I will do 80-82.5% of my best 3RM.
    Week 3 I will do 82.5-85% of my best 3RM.

Weeks 4 and 5 are what I call high rep weeks. Yup I said it.. HIGH REPS. You will do 4 sets of 6 with the same weight on all 4 sets. Use your judgment on the weights, but keep them fairly challenging.

You will do the SAME thing for week 6-8 as you did with week 1-3. However during this week you will be working with a 5RM and NOT a 3RM.

The other lifts that arnt Primary Movers are done like this:

1.) 3x12
    2.) 3x12
    3.) 3x8
    4.) 3x8
    5.) 3x6
    6.) 3x6
    7.) 4x6
    8.) 4x6
    9.) 0ff

The thing with these lifts are going to be rest periods. Keep the rest around 60-120 seconds between each set. Now between each movement thats your choice however dont go talk to all the girls for 20 minutes and then come back and pick it back up. If you hit failure on a set you simply just hit failure and its not a big deal.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Humm...you are making my "next" routine hard to pick now. Once my gains slowed down from my current routine I was going to try a full body one...but this one catches my eye. Damn you...haha

Good luck with it. This will work well for both strength and hypertrophy gains because of how the progression is set up. Pay attention to your diet, if your diet is in check you should be very pleased with this.

Kc

hey FI...i just want to know..u mentioned "all the programs" can u please give links....the only programs of urs i have are H2.0 and H1.0 and this one

Those are the one's im talking about. Alot of people liked H2.0 and made some fantastic gains on that program.. However I think this program is alot better.

Kc

Quote Originally Posted by FortifiedIron
    Those are the one's im talking about. Alot of people liked H2.0 and made some fantastic gains on that program.. However I think this program is alot better.

Kc
    ok cool...im try this program for sure once im done with DC Training....i think after 3-4 blasts of DC, ill do this program to mis things up and then go back to DC'ing...

peace

good luck

Kc

dude your last routine was bad ass. I started it when i first started my cut 6 months ago and i am still

getting great results. I am still doing some variation of it now and I will definetly start this new routine

once i get the numbers calculated. I'll probably be bugging you with question so thanks in advance
    Last edited by WILL006; 09-28-2006 at 09:08 PM.
    July 2005 weight....175 March 2007 weight....197
    March 2006 weight .230 February 2009 weight...200
    July 2006 weight.. ..215 May 2009................209
    September 2006.....200
    December 2006......209

Bench max .....275
    Squat max ......315
    Deadlift max......405

Very cool Will! Any questions just ask.

Kc