Thread: Losing fat, gaining muscle

Hybrid View

Demons of Steel and Flesh HP666's Avatar

Losing fat, gaining muscle

Hey guys, I'm new around here and was hoping to get a little advice. Here's my deal: I need to drop about another 60 pounds of body fat. I want to do this while at the same time making the best gains I can while lifting. Part of
    Last edited by HP666; 12-09-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Welcome aboard...first thing that will be asked is how closely you track your diet...specifically your caloric intake daily.

Another thing that will come up is the suggestion to read the following really nice write-up:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=74607
    Last edited by Stray; 09-28-2006 at 10:29 PM.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

Thanks for teh kind welcome Stray.

As far as tracking my diet, I really have to admit I don't. I eat healthy. Sometimes a typical day for me is: Breakfast: Myoplex Plus shake at 6AM, then every three or four hours or so I eat a portion of some type of meat and vegatables. I am trying to get in five meals a day, shake included. Due to my work schedule some days I don't get up until 9-10AM have a shake, then workout a little later.

Basically what I'm doing now is working, but I've been getting much more serious about my lifting and I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly, or atleast what I should be doing rather, to maximize my hard work. I am dedicated and will do what it takes, whether it's eating once a day or 10 times a day, counting every calorie or fat gram, I'm very disciplined. And fortunatley I have a lifestyle and job where I can bring meals and eat 5 meals a day at regular intervals without a problem.

I don't want to be rude but I have to hit the sack. I'd love to discuss this more at length with anyone tomorrow. Thanks again Stray.
    Last edited by HP666; 09-28-2006 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks Stray. If anyone else has any input I'd love to hear it.

Banned
    You should change your cardio format to High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). If you're using a treadmill, you balls out sprint for 20 seconds then walk/slow jog for 20 seconds, then sprint, etc. Keep that up for 10 minutes. It's far more effective at burning fat, rather than burning muscle. It also takes less time