The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Torn Meniscus

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Torn Meniscus

During football practice last Tuesday my knee buckled and i felt a pop. The trainer and the doctor said I tore my lateral meniscus. I have an MRI on thursday. Has anyone does this before and know how long recovery takes?
    "Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where all the fruit is?"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It won't "heal" without surgery if in fact something in the knee is torn. You do not have to have surgery...rehab it over time. Time frame varies for individuals.

Really different for everyone. Do your rehab for starters. You may need surgery and you may not. It's more than likely going to be a comfort over function problem. Your knee will still probably work the same (depending on the location and extent of the tear) but it may be painful.

It personally took me about 7 weeks to get back to normal training and probably 16 weeks before I was 100% again. But everyone is different.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

YEah, good advice, everyone is different but take it SLOW. Tears in the tendons can bother you for LIFE if you dont rehab it properly. Actually GOING to a rehab center will be huge. Lay off any contact sports and just let it rest for a bit. Surgery is a must, no questions asked. Im going to have mine partially ripped (on purpose though) and they're estimating a 2 month recovery for me... i imagine something similar for you.

Dont rush it and take at least one week off entirely with just mild stretching to allow the worst of the wound to heal. You dont want to hurt yourself anymore then you already have!
    Stats:
    Height: 5' 5.5"
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Max lifts: Squat:320 lbs, Bench: 195 lbs, Deadlift: 290 lbs.
    Max Comp. Total: 805 lbs

Picture Links
    Most Recent Pix, August 2006, Febuary 2006, Starting Pictures (2005)
    MY JOURNAL