The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who Here Fishes?

I just got back from a fishing trip from a place called Painters Lodge. I went with my two brothers and my Dad. It's been almost 18 years since I last went and I realized what I had been missing for so long. Now that I'm hooked (pun intended) I want to go more often when time allows for it.

I'm curious as to who on this board is an avid fisher?
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I am as avid as they come. THey call me the bass assassin.

I fish, but not as much as I would like to. Maybe 7-10 times over the summer and a few times for trout when it comes in season.

I really enjoy trout fishing, although occasionally I'll suck it up and fish on a lake.

i used to fish once and awhile with my dad in Greece.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I do surf fishing here in Jersey. The stripers are comin' in baby!
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Nothing Like hooking up albacore, halibut, and the occasional shark! (which is promptly returned to the ocean).
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3

I used to fish when I was a kid. Haven't done it in a long time!! Fun though

My cousin used to work at Painters Lodge as a fishing guide. He now is the manager of the Fountain Tire in town. Campbell River is a beautiful little town.

I don't fish too often anymore, but I do get out now and then.
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

Went back in July. When my dad was alive we use to go all the time. He was a avid fisherman. Since he passed I have only gone once or twice. Flyfishing rocks and I would like to get back into it.
    Nick V

Banned
    I like to get blind drunk on the water while the fish swim by in perfect safety.
    Does that count?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Built
    It does. For many, fishing is just a cover for a drinking problem.
    I don't have a drinking problem. I'm VERY good at it.

LOL

Maki - a serious suggestion, secondhand from my brother who IS a very avid fisherman. Don't spend money on the big fancy expensive lures and all that... it's just macho show for your tackle box.

Growing up in Northern Ontario, I caught more fish on cheap Daredevl spoons than I have in recent years using fancy lures from friends' tackle boxes and Aaron tends to agree. He admits that he tends to use the same 2-3 lures all the time and most of the massive tackle box is given over to lures he never uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless

LOL

Maki - a serious suggestion, secondhand from my brother who IS a very avid fisherman. Don't spend money on the big fancy expensive lures and all that... it's just macho show for your tackle box.

Growing up in Northern Ontario, I caught more fish on cheap Daredevl spoons than I have in recent years using fancy lures from friends' tackle boxes and Aaron tends to agree. He admits that he tends to use the same 2-3 lures all the time and most of the massive tackle box is given over to lures he never uses.
    Always been my favourite lure. Or live bait. Worms, leeches, minnows, crayfish work wonders for most lake/river fish.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Just picked up fly fishing last summer.

Parents got me some gear for my B-day. Due to current circumstances I haven't used the equipment yet.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

I haven't been since I moved to Indiana back in 1993. I don't even remember how.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

I do "actual" fishing every once in a while. It's kinda relaxing. Mostly though me and my friends go phoning though. It saves a lot of time.
    JESUS KICKS ASS!

Life's too short to live in caution. Life's too long not to live at all.--Van Zandt

It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not.--Van Zandt

MYJOURNAL

MY FITDAY

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    It does. For many, fishing is just a cover for a drinking problem.

We pros don't even bother with a cover anymore.

I love to fish. Had many great days on the gulf when I lived Houston. There's great red fish & flounder down there. Now I'm mostly limited to lake fishing.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

MEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, my prize catch. A 1m long Northern Pike.... That mother ****er was like a log!
    Stats:
    Height: 5' 5.5"
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Max lifts: Squat:320 lbs, Bench: 195 lbs, Deadlift: 290 lbs.
    Max Comp. Total: 805 lbs

Picture Links
    Most Recent Pix, August 2006, Febuary 2006, Starting Pictures (2005)
    MY JOURNAL

I've caught a 5lb rainbow trout which I've got mounted on my wall. If anyone cares Ill post me holding the mount. I think its been 3 years now since I've caught it, and the next year in the very same lake my dad caught one just a tad smaller then mine. Like 25" and 4.7 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless

LOL

Same here. I catch fish with frozen chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    I've caught a 5lb rainbow trout which I've got mounted on my wall. If anyone cares Ill post me holding the mount.
    Post it. I'd like to see. Where'd you catch it?
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

A small lake in ebensburg pennsylvania called lake rowena. Ill take the pics ASAP, infact I should probably take them down to clean them anyhow... its been 2 months since I've last cleaned them.

Wannabebig Member
    i try to fish whenever possible