Thread: What would you do...

Wannabebig Member

What would you do...

My current situation does not allow me to train. I haven't trained for ten days and counting, and don't know when I'll do so again.

The thought of never training again flashes through my mind. I disregard it because I know that won't happen. But what if...

How could I acheive all my fitness goals without weight training? How could I pursue a career in Exercise Science if I can't exercise myself? What will I do if I can't work out?

That's my question to you.

All this has made me look at just how much of my time I've been spending on my physical development. Even my mental development is geared towards the physical aspect of the human body. What about the human spirt?

In my time out of the gym, I've realized just how long my spiritual development has been on hold. While focusing on my body, using my mind as an aid, I've left my soul behind. Be greatful everyone that you can work out, don't take it for granted.

During my time out of the gym, I'll be praying that I may soon return.

why do you feel you are losing sight of your spirit, just because you are focusing on your body?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Wannabebig Member
    why do you feel you are losing sight of your spirit

Just don't feel as if I'm giving it the attention it deserves, that's all. If you'd like to go into more PM me. I've seen a post of yours thats kinda the same situation... Christian background... don't really practice anymore...

Anyway the question [and topic] is "What would you do?"

well does this have something to do with your health?

i mean, for myself, training is a form of therapy......whether it's weigh-training or it's cardio or whatever.

Barring being paralyzed, there is awlays some exercise you can do. It may not be weight-training, but I'm sure you can make 30 minutes a day for something. Like Gyno thinking about taking up archery when he get's better. My dad has parkinson's. somedays he can't hold a fork without shaking, yet he manages to do something active every day. and has for years. It's just part and parcel of taking care of the body god gave him.

for myself, I'm highly spiritual, training, and i guess the hormones released with heavy exercise, just allow my spiritual side to feel things more exquisitely. I guess perhaps because after expending the necessary energy, i feel centered and focused, and it allows me to sort things out.

without adequate detail, i can't really say much more than that.

Wannabebig Member
    I have taken up other things just to stay active. Walking is the extend of my exertion that I'm capable of right now. [There's a thread in the training forum called "anyeurism from squatting" explaining my situation] I have utilized this by joining my grandparents for laps around the track at the highschool. Exercise has also been my therapy, not just weight training but anything that keeps me active. I can't even have sex without bringing on these massive headaches. [It's not the climax, but just getting work-up]

I too feel "centered and focused" after heavy exercise and just good overall. It's the release of endorphines I'm sure, but I don't get these feelings from walking. I feel saddened by this whole situation and am searching for a bright side of the ordeal. Last night, I prayed asking God what I would do. I felt better immediately. I don't know what I will do just yet, but I feel good about it.

Wannabebig Member
    What would your "therapy" be if you could only walk?

ahh..I had forgotten about the aneurysm.

my therapy if i can only walk, is walking in nature. Someplace beautiful...by a river, in the mountains, on the beach, in the woods. Swimming is ace too.