Thread: Why no definition?

Wannabebig Member

Why no definition?

I have been going to the gym for about a month and a half now, I have been lifting my heart out, and I know I am definitly stronger. I can bench more, I can do more push ups, I really just lift more in general

My problem is that my arms just have no definition, A friend of mine asked me to flex, and he didnt believe im flexing, its down right embarassing. I can even bench more than him but he has way more visible muscle than I do.

What is my problem? Im going crazy!!

Wannabebig Member
    You get definition from dieting and lifting. If you don't have definition it's proabably due to bad dieting. Eat clean and under maintenance and lift your arse off.

Read the Stickies! whiteman90909's Avatar
    Go on a cut.

Haha! Fatty!

Just bugging ya! You'll get definition by dropping body fat not by lifting.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Wannabebig Member
    Genetics have a lot to do with it to. Some people just naturally carry more body fat than others.

sorry to tell you, but it takes alot longer than a month and a half.

Stick to it, and hammer out your diet and routine, and you will see results in about 6 months.

Try not to worry about how heavy you can lift... work on your form, make sure its pefect. Otherwise you will end up using stabilzing muscles to complete your lifts.

try tracking your food consumption on www.fitday.com and feel free to post the results here, or PM me the numbers you get. We'll be able to critique your diet.

Diet is everything if you want to grow... if you lift your ass off, but dont eat right, you'll keep those skinny arms 4ever.
    Last edited by Roddy; 10-11-2006 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deeder
    Haha! Fatty!

Just bugging ya! You'll get definition by dropping body fat not by lifting.
    Bingo. Try finding your body fat % and post it... Guarantee its high enough to hide that definition your looking for.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics