a football forum im a member of...
theres a fitness section, and this guy is trying to give people advice, so i shot him down...what an idiot..
anyway, i dont know how to prove and explain some of the things im saying...
e.g the arms day, and the rest day thing, and the bi/tri isolation..
fairplay for posting your routine....
but it is lacking a loooooooot...
2)no compound workouts
3) 1 rest day a week is not enough
4) arms do not need their own day
5) direct tricep/bicep isolation is not needed iy tou have enough push/pull in your workout eg. rows and chinups for bicep, heavy bench press for triceps
1) My legs are fine now with doing the bike 6 days a week.
2) Yea maybe so.. I didn't say my routine was perfect, but it works for me.
3) It sure is, plenty of body builders work out 6 days a week.
4) Says who.
5) That is such a lie... yea if you want average triceps/biceps.. but I did not start seeing good buildup & definition in my triceps/biceps until I started doing these exercises.
he said...Originally Posted by ooaapaulmcgrath
i think you could do with a programme revamp aswell ullster...and by think...i mean know...
Are you kidding me? I'm 6'1 190, cut... My routine is working great for me. I doubt some benchwarmer for the County Meath indoor football travel team is going to be able to give me any pointers on lifting weights.
This is my routine:
thursday: chest & back
sunday: chest & back
SHOULDERS: shoulder shrugs, seated shoulder press, seated lateral raise, reverse lateral raise.
ARMS: biceps seated dumbell curls, standing curls on one side of the chest-cross aparatus, preacher curl, seated curl machine triceps tricep pulldown with rope & u-shaped bar, seated tricep machine
misc.: for curls and tricep pulldowns I only go 90 degrees anything past that is useless and may cause injuries. Also when I get to 90 degrees I hold for 2-3 seconds and squeeze the muscle I'm working, go nice & slow & squeeze.
CHEST & BACK: chest incline dumbell press, cable cross both low and high, chest fly machine. back lat pulldown & pullup, seated row.
Also, for Cardio I do 15 minutes on a bike(120 rpm) it gets the heart rate around 185 & 5 minutes of the rowing machine at 31-33 rpm. I have recently been doing this for the last 2 months and I have really seen a difference in my abs. I do this Cardio 6 days a week. I would recommend running but I use to run and I got alot of shin splints so I do the bike and rowing machine because it puts less stress on my legs.
For any set... squeeze the muscle your working & go slow. quality of reps over quantity of reps