The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

North Korea Tests Nuclear Bomb

After pressure from Bush they test. Discuss.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

north korea blowing up lots of cities = lots of money being spent on rebuilding.

I would say it is not a priority for them to be stopped.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    north korea blowing up lots of cities = lots of money being spent on rebuilding.

I would say it is not a priority for them to be stopped.
    :withstupi For realz.

Gamer/Lifter
    N. Korea feels threatened because of BUsh actions around the world. N. Korea has told Bush this is what they want, Secuirty promise, Economic sancations lifted in return complete halt to nuke building, and all access granted to its facilities. Bush wanted to be a hard ass so he refused. If he would of simply gone with that deal he'd of been in a lot better postion now.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117
    N. Korea feels threatened because of BUsh actions around the world. N. Korea has told Bush this is what they want, Secuirty promise, Economic sancations lifted in return complete halt to nuke building, and all access granted to its facilities. Bush wanted to be a hard ass so he refused. If he would of simply gone with that deal he'd of been in a lot better postion now.
    Riiiight, they were threatened. And why is is really Bush's problem? As far as I see it, NK is no threat to the U.S. so the U.S. gov't should leave it to the Asian countries to solve and stay out of it.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster

The North has a long history of breaking deals. Bush was not going to play that game anymore. So the North has a bomb. They do not however have any launch capability nor do they have the technology to make it small enough to fit on a warhead. The U.S. is safe enough. As for South Korea and Japan, N.K isn't going to do anything unless it is pushed into a corner.

The government knows it would be destroyed if it started anything. I doubt they are willing to give up their cushy lives in exchange for being blown apart in a cloud of radioactive dust. Once the hoo-haw has settled, it will be back to business as normal. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

How many nuclear bomb's would it take to level North K.?

Someone sure isn't a GWB fan.....
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    N. Korea developed the nukes because of Bush, because they are scared of America attacking them. And N. Korea wouldn't of done this if Bush would of simply gone and talked to them. Bush is a moron
    O'RLY? I say that whoever believes the quoted part is a moron. Simply talking to NK was shown to be futile prior to Bush.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

I blame Clinton!

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    I blame Clinton!
    Me too!
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by TwiloMike
    Me too!
    Especially since Vince Foster was going to negotiate an end to the Korean War, but then Hillary had him killed.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

The Communist Party in N Korea has billboards around the country urging mend to have short hair, because long hair pulls intelligence out of the brian as it grows.

And regime that does that would be dangerous with a Nuke, if you ask me.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel777
    Luckily for us, you can't spell, so we are probably safe.
    I actually laughed out loud when I read this - thanks for putting a smile on my face, AA.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

I think the last thing any of us should do is worry about this. Not because I think it's not a horrible thing that NK has a bomb, but because there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. Our hands are tied up in other wars, and both the US and NK know that China would never allow a US invasion of NK. We already tried that and it almost started WW3. I think Iran is more of a threat personally to the US, but who really knows...

Saw this discussion on the BBC News yesterday, I actually laughed. The newsreader pondered as to whether 'China would need to unite with Japan if North Korea became a threat to security'. Surely China is the next superpower?

-Steele
    Last edited by Steele; 10-09-2006 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steele
    Saw this discussion on the BBC News yesterday, I actually laughed. The newsreader pondered as to whether 'China would need to unite with Japan if North Korea became a threat to security'. Surely China is the next superpower?

-Steele
    I have a hard time believing China will be the next superpower. There can only be one, and the world will be destroyed before China is a superpower.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003
    I have a hard time believing China will be the next superpower. There can only be one, and the world will be destroyed before China is a superpower.
    Wow, your learned predictions are quite something.

I claim to know nothing, however~ History has proven that economic booms can go hand in hand with military might. British Empire anyone? We had to enlist manpower from our colonies. China has it already ._.

-Steele

Quote Originally Posted by sharkall2003
    Last edited by Steele; 10-09-2006 at 11:32 AM.

Our President just isn't cultured enough to deal with hostile people from other parts of the world. North Korea does not care, and is not going to be "politically correct". You show them respect, or they'll down right slap you in the face, as was shown here. Bush puts pressure on them before about test firing 1 missile, they fire 7. Bush puts pressure on them about enriching uranium, they test a nuke. The "I am high and mighty America" thing isn't going to work with them.

Did they actually fire 7 nukes?

-Steele

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK
    Our President just isn't cultured enough to deal with hostile people from other parts of the world. North Korea does not care, and is not going to be "politically correct". You show them respect, or they'll down right slap you in the face, as was shown here. Bush puts pressure on them before about test firing 1 missile, they fire 7. Bush puts pressure on them about enriching uranium, they test a nuke. The "I am high and mighty America" thing isn't going to work with them.

And didn't America fly a nuke over Japan en route to it's testing zone? In breach of international treaty?

-Steele

Did they actually fire 7 nukes?

-Steele
    No no no lol...They test fired 7 missiles(I believe). No Nuclear Warheads in those, just testing their range capabilities.

Why is testing the range capabilities on nuclear warheads wrong?

-Steele

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyK
    No no no lol...They test fired 7 missiles(I believe). No Nuclear Warheads in those, just testing their range capabilities.

Why is testing the range capabilities on nuclear warheads wrong?

-Steele
    Well it was just missiles, no nuclear warheads. Ask Bush why he was upset with it.