The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

My program, help me make better

Mon- Upper
    Fast eccentric clap pushups- 3x8
    Flat BP- 2x8-10
    Chest flys – 2x12-15
    Seated row – 2x8-10
    1 arm db row – 2x8-10
    HS shoulder press – 2x10-12
    EZbar curl – 2x 8-10
    Overhead extension – 2x8-10

Tues- Lower
    Plyometric jump lunges – 4x8
    Dead lift – 2x8-10
    Step up – 2x8-10
    Calf raises – 2x12-15
    Abs

Thurs- Upper
    Fast eccentric clap pushups- 3x8
    Incline BP – 2x8-10
    Close grip BP – 2x8-10
    BW pull up – 2x8-10
    HM pull down – 2x8-10
    Shoulder press – 2x8-10
    EZbar curl – 2x8-10

Fr – Whole body
    Plyometric jump lunges – 4x8
    Squats – 2x10-12
    DB flat BP – 2x10-12
    Dips – 2x8-10
    Lat pull down – 2x8-10
    DB curls – 2x8-10
    Tricep pull down – 2x8-10

- Rest 1-2 min between sets, 1 rep short of failure on sets except explosive movements, Increase pondage each week, My tempo will be a little faster then normal (1-2 sec positve, 2 sec negative).

By the way im 16 years old. My goal is to gain more muscle. What do you guys think of this and can you help me make it better. thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Ive been doing something similar to this upper lower split, just with less leg work and all my upper body days were the same. And i want to have a good serious program that will work for me because i have a weight training class for school first period and were in the gym 4 days a week mon tues thrus fri. So i think an upper lower split would be ideal for me. Theres no way i can slack off either because im in the weight room regardless 4 days a week for my class so.

Have you looked at Baby Got Back? You might like it. A lot of the guys here do, and my husband has made excellent gains on it. It's upper lower also, and has a nice combination of heavy compound work and concentration movements. It's also very balanced.

How's your diet?

My diet is very clean i think, i stay away from sugary things, I havnt had a soda in probably 8 months. I dont keep track of my calories, but im estimating i eat around 2500- 3000 calories a day.

No, that's not what I mean. And there's nothing wrong with sugars for a young man who's bulking.

You aren't eating enough to grow. You barely eat more than I do when I'm bulking, and I'm a middle-aged chick.

Can you go to www.fitday.com and enter a "typical" day? Let's get this moving for you.

Yes ive looked at it. It looks very good and ill eventually try that program. But my weight training teacher has a few guidlines we have to follow for out program. So i have to use something like i posted. We have 3 program to choose form in my class. The one above, one that hits each body part once a week, and one thats a full body routine. So i kind of have to stick with the one above. The only things i added diffent fomr his was the fast eccentrics, diff rep range, and instead of using the same exercises every wokrouts i have different exercises. Also for friday he had it as a lower body day, i changed it to whole body because i find my upper body is lagging.

Alright im 169 lbs 15.5$ body fat what your suggestion in cals for me to eat. Also i dont want to gain to much fat in the process. thanks built.

You're very welcome for the help. This sport is probably 90% diet. It's the hardest thing to get into people's heads because the industry just wants to sell you stuff. But until you really understand the role your diet plays, you will only shoot yourself in the foot and limit your progress.

www.fitday.com

Give me a "typical" - ish day. We'll start from there, k? Just copy paste the macros - total cals, grams of protein, carb and fat.

It'll look like this when you paste it in, but with different numbers (this is me, yesterday):

Total: 1967
    Fat: 59 529 28%
    Sat: 15 131 7%
    Poly: 12 108 6%
    Mono: 12 108 6%
    Carbs: 161 520 28%
    Fiber: 31 0 0%
    Protein: 206 825 44%