The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    will do dude ill deff practice them, and ill try to do a2g thats hard too haha.
    2000 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp
    will do dude ill deff practice them, and ill try to do a2g thats hard too haha.
    Take it slow and progress with it. Box, then without one, then slowly work your way down. Once you can do a good bit properly with just a broomstick, work on using a barbell and keep kicking ass from there. A cool goal I read a while ago from Dan John (http://www.danjohn.org) who is a big fan of overhead squats as well is to shoot for doing your bodyweight for 15 reps.

very cool man i will look into it, can you picture doing 20 rep breathing overhead squats, i think that would be the most excruciating exersize ever, maybe impossible!
    2000 or bust

very impressive stump.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp
    very cool man i will look into it, can you picture doing 20 rep breathing overhead squats, i think that would be the most excruciating exersize ever, maybe impossible!
    Unless you have REALLY good medical and dental, I wouldn't try it

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    There more of front squat lockouts, but again splitting hairs... the kid had 545 on his DELTS. Thats a task and a half for my back right now, strong freak man!
    Hey don't get me wrong! I wasn't trying to belittle his achievement!! Just pointing it out and I guess wondering why one would do them like that instead of how I mentionned. I guess you could practice with more weight because you don't have to decelerate the weight before you push up.

What was the actual weight? 545, 575 and 600 are all being thrown around in here?
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Just watched the vid................simply inspirational........better form than most people do with less than half that weight! I feel so week now...lol

You are a true bodybuilder...congrats man!!

I know how hard front squats are and thats why hardly anybody in gyms attempts them never mind with 3 big wheels per side.

Keep us all posted on future progress!

hey stump awesome work man, those are great front squats... haha my favorite part is how you come close to the camera and whisper "that sucked!" to the audience
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

thanks RBB
    dino ok man haha i wont
    deeder i feel stuff from a deadstop is harder, but thats just me, it was 545 and i did 600 x 1 after that set
    tsmithy thanks alot man really
    mcirish lol yeah i know i thought my form was bad it looks crappy in a mirror view
    2000 or bust

Ok, now it worked! WOW! You are ridiculously strong on that lift! You obviously do have a sweet spot to hold the load as you the partials prove. Good work and you should consider getting an Olympic lifting coach as I suspect you could do very well in the sport.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

thanks alot chris i will see if i can find someone
    2000 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    ...Good work and you should consider getting an Olympic lifting coach as I suspect you could do very well in the sport.
    Damn right.
    I still can't get over the idea of having 500+ in the front squat position.

lol thanks guys, 600 was fun also, ha.

and to think after i cut i want to specilize in bench press? ha! still gonna practice the oly lifts as much as i can with my crap flexibility
    2000 or bust

I can't even imagine having 600 pounds in a regular squat position on my traps........

Your freakish strength always amazes me, considering your age. Awsome man!
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

tahnks Invain yeah 705 on my traps was pretty damn gay doing the same squats cept on the back, i love these partials and they help me alot, along with strengthing your joints and helping your body get used to heavy weight.
    2000 or bust

The reps w. 315 aren't to parallel, but they're close and you looked damn strong. Nice job!
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

sensi thanks but i still cant see how they werent parallel, my ass is literally pointing down, lol.
    2000 or bust

Parallel is when the crease at the hip is level w. the top of the knee - it is not determined by knee flexion. It's possible to be sitting on the floor seiza and still not be parallel.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Oh well it was still fairly deep so its all good, i wnat to try 405 but i dont want to get buried, never failed a squat before
    2000 or bust

You are a strong dude. Doing 315 for reps is awesome.

thx HB im just never happy with anything, my physique, strength, nothing lol, knowing there is someone better then me @ 17 yrs old pisses me off and makes me train heavyer.

i need to stop lookin in the mirror at my stomach and pinching fat, if i want to be a successful powerlifter/strongman i need to man up and bulk up more! but, i will get more depressed then i am now and go on a half arse cut.

so the verdict is i gotta cut to at least 15% and then bulk up once again.
    2000 or bust