The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Wrist Soreness..?

I've been doing pushups recently as part of supplementing my workout (and just for fun also...) and i've been doing the standard palms on the ground variety.

However i'm now noticing a soreness in my left wrist whenever i try to do pushups or a similar kind of action with my hand (say pushing a door open). Any ideas guys? I have since stopped doing pushups (and have stopped weights just for a little while but that's because i currently have final exams for high school >.<)
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Know the feeling man, let it rest.

Also try doing variations with your hands, week on palms, knuckes, fingers.

Change it up. Take frequent rests, with fast hard intense sets.

Try doing wrist curls with dumbells for a while to get wrist strength.

Have fun
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

http://www.grappling.com russianwol's Avatar
    Hmmm usually happens if you injure it somehow. Lay off for a bit - but it might take a while to heal. After a while, try working out again - if it gets worse - you could have some kind of problem that only a doc can ID. If it gets better - then you'r ok - but then again - it could take a while to heal.
    "If I were not Alexander, I should wish to be Diogenes." - Alexander The Great

Maxes: B: 200, D: TBD, S: TBD | 172lb @ 6% on 12/17/2006
    Goals: B:225, D: TBD, S: TBD | | 200lb or 12%

MySpace | USDA Nutrient Values | Built | V-Taper

I messed up my wrists doing so many flat hand pushups in the Army and they have never been the same. I switched to knuckle pushups instead. Knuckle pushups are mush easier on the wrists. As long as you do them on a soft surface (mat, carpet, etc.) it won't hurt at all and your wrists will be much better.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

yeah i broke my wrist on the week before march break and it has never been the same since.

recently it has been acting up alot and kills when i do the same movement as you suggested. try knuckle pushups. or put ur bar flat on the ground and hold onto that when your doing pushups so that its not bending your wrist back.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Cheers guys. I used to mix up flat palm and knuckle pushups but by the sounds of it sticking with knuckles exclusively is the way to go. Cheers
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.