Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB Playoff Thread

MLB Playoff Thread

A little disappointed in the postseason this year.

NL
    Dodgers vs. Mets

would love to see the Dodgers win this, but i don't think they have it, especially for how crappy they play on the road. Mets in 4.

Cards vs. Pads

Cards have stunk for a month, and their closer is hurt. Pads in 4.

Pads pitching > Mets = Pads in Series

AL
    Tigers vs. Yankees

Tigers are a buncha rookies, and c'mon, it's the Yankees. Yanks in 5.

A's vs. Twins

Twins pitching is too much, and they are almost unbeatable at home. Twins sweep.

Twins finally beat the Yanks in postseason

Pads/Twins World Series...could go either way. I pick the Twins.
    Last edited by MrWebb78; 10-02-2006 at 11:06 AM.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Subway Series part 2. Both NY teams walk right in.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Subway Series part 2. Both NY teams walk right in.
    Oh how i hope drew, minesota is gonna be tough, detroit is a joke
    2000 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    A little disappointed in the postseason this year.
    You and me both. My Astros made it interesting just enough to hurt at the end.

Here's my stab at things:

ALCS: Twins/Yankees ---> Twins
    NLCS: Padres/Dodgers---->Dodgers

World Series: Twins/Dodgers--->Twins

EDIT: Didn't know about Pedro's rotator cuff until I saw the news on PTI tonight. So long Mets.
    Last edited by razorcut; 10-02-2006 at 06:06 PM.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by razorcut
    My Astros made it interesting just enough to hurt at the end.
    That was a "you're welcome" left over from last year's postseason. Enjoy!

I just hope for the twins lose, mainly so I dont have to watch a week of Twins Tributes on TV.
    Face it: biceps are the muscle that classifies you as a muscle man.

Striding across the fields, carrying a vorpal blade, cometh Clawhammer! And he gives a bloodthirsty bellow:

"As sure as predators devour prey, I shall paint the town a sanguine shade of doom!!!"
    Hilarity

Quote Originally Posted by shootermcgavin7
    That was a "you're welcome" left over from last year's postseason. Enjoy!

In all seriousness, it's a bit unusual to see an NL postseason without the Braves. How long has it been....11-12 years?
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

As long as the Yankee's lose I'll be happy. I'd love to see the Tigers win it all though.
    5'6", 145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by razorcut

In all seriousness, it's a bit unusual to see an NL postseason without the Braves. How long has it been....11-12 years?

First time since 1990.

Iced Earth - Stormrider ArchAngel777's Avatar
    Twins are rocking it... I think Minnesota is up for another world series.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp
    minesota is gonna be tough, detroit is a joke
    Wanna eat those words??? Wrong....DEAD WRONG...on both counts.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    LOL Gay Rod is statistically the worst post season clutch performer of all time.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

A's - Tigers ALCS is great for baseball, every none yankees/red sox fan is so sick of seeing them in the playoffs every year. It's nice to see a bunch of non-houselhold names playing to make a name.

A's over Tigers in 6. Big Hurt = ALCS MVP, figuratively tea-bagging the White Sox management upon acceptance
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

Quote Originally Posted by nejar462
    LOL Gay Rod is statistically the worst post season clutch performer of all time.
    I will take him in Boston anytime. what about the other 8 players? what about the Yanks pitching? What about when A-Rod had about 12 hits in 3 games vs the Sox in the '04 ALCS? I will never understand the Yankee fan.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    Wanna eat those words??? Wrong....DEAD WRONG...on both counts.
    Detroit needs to keep Verlander, Bonderman, and Robertson long term. could be the next Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz trio.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Don't forget Zumaya. The dude is barely legally old enough to drink, and scared the sh*t out of the Yanks with his 103 MPH fastball (with placement) in cold weather.

Let's not forget they signed the best pitcher in all of college baseball. He would've been the #1 pick had he not been so difficult for most teams to sign....ie....huge $$$
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"

I wish the salary cap was lower. I even feel that the Tigers overspent on Ordonez and Pudge. Just calling it how I see it. That said, GO TIGERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    I wish the salary cap was lower. I even feel that the Tigers overspent on Ordonez and Pudge. Just calling it how I see it. That said, GO TIGERS!!
    There is no salary cap in baseball... ie Yankees $200+ million payroll
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

salary cap in baseball = maximum before luxury tax penalty kicks in. Maj knows that.

I also felt Pudge was overpaid. He is a fantastic catcher, but his offense has declined with age.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    salary cap in baseball = maximum before luxury tax penalty kicks in. Maj knows that.

I also felt Pudge was overpaid. He is a fantastic catcher, but his offense has declined with age.
    pudge lost the pudge when he got off that sauce.
    6'3"

*on the shelf*

lol there are lots of players mysteriously not doing as well since the rules changed.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    "I will take him in Boston anytime. what about the other 8 players? what about the Yanks pitching? What about when A-Rod had about 12 hits in 3 games vs the Sox in the '04 ALCS? I will never understand the Yankee fan."

I will never understand people who lack literacy.

Did I say that he's entirely to blame for the loss? NO. A-rod, despite what you've posted, is stastistically one of the worst post season hitters of all time with RISP and the WORST post season hitter with RISP and 2 outs. These aren't exaggerations, these are truths.

The only yankees who did well hitting in this series are posada and jeter, of course thats expected because they're from the dynasty years. Wright pitched terrible. Anemic offense. Another epic yankee collapse.

I hope the yankees keep Arod and he does better in the next post season.

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

using the word "clutch" usually means they were actually still IN the ballgame, which they werent.

and what are his career postseason stats? from what I gather, his last 8 postseason appearances(not counting this one), he has 31 games in which he has batted .305, 6 HRs, 16 RBIs, 19Rs.
    Last edited by MrWebb78; 10-08-2006 at 01:24 AM.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Did you watch the game?

These are stats fed to us during the game. I actually have no idea where you can find postseason only stats. They're only for the yankees though. If you include his previous years he's much better.

I think he's 0/16 with RISP and 2 outs and he's 4/24 with RISP and less than two outs.

Part of being clutch is hitting with RISP, because if you do that you can actually get INTO a game.

Rumors are circulating now of Torre being replaced by Lou Piniella.

I saw this on both yahoo and espn.com
    5'6", 145 lbs.