Thread: WBB #1 Noob Questions

Wannabebig Member

WBB #1 Noob Questions

I have been lifting for last 13 weeks in an effort to improve my health. I've lost 27 pounds so far (on my way to 60-65). I have been doing the Body-for-Life workout, which is alternating upper and lower body workouts. I typically walk briskly on the treadmill for about 5 minutes before I start lifting. I progressively lift heavier through my sets. I do little to no stretching during or after my workouts.

I want to start the WBB #1 workout on Monday. My questions:

1. Most of the exercises on WWB #1 are 2 sets of 6-8 reps. Should I do a lighter set or sets before lifting heavy? How many sets? Reps?

2. I know that that stretching before my workout isn't the best idea. I've read other threads here that state that others have been stretching after their workout with good results. Should I stretch after (or during) my workout?

3. I really don't know anything about stretching. Can someone provide me some info or a link to something that would help me out?

Thanks.

i dunno where u get stretchin before is a bad idea.. u dunt strech ur legs before squats, u will prolly pull ur groin or hamstring, u dun strech before doin bench, u mite hurt ur rotator cuff..as far as i kno u should stretch before and after, but if u can only do one, then stretch afterwards..
    18 years old
    ball player
    6'8
    goal: 215 by march

late october 2006 weight: 191
    nov. 29, 2006 weight: 200

My journal http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86115

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    You don't want to stretch cold. If you're going to stretch, do a few very light warm up sets and then stretch after you get warmed up. And then proceed like normal.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

To answer your question on WBB1, that is two working sets of 6-8 reps. Warming up in not included. How much warm up is up to you. lets say I squat 275 for my two working sets, I would do something like.
    10x45
    8x135
    6x225
    Then move onto the working sets.
    Nick V

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreal
    To answer your question on WBB1, that is two working sets of 6-8 reps. Warming up in not included. How much warm up is up to you. lets say I squat 275 for my two working sets, I would do something like.
    10x45
    8x135
    6x225
    Then move onto the working sets.
    Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for for #1.