The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Left bicep

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar

Left bicep

Hey guys. I havent posted in this thread.......in months I'm guessing. Since I started reading lyles books and getting a hold of other bodybuilding books/info (dont forget from this site) I havent really had anymore questions.

Anyways. I've been bulking for about 4 months now with pretty good results. Right now I'm doing a short PSMF and I've noticed how terrible my left arm looks in comparison to my right. When I'm full (carbed up) they look the same. When someone asks you to show your "muscles" you do a double front bicep pose. My left short head (i think thats it) just isnt as "long" as my right arm. So if I gave a most muscular pose they look fine. I've been doing preacher curls to try and fix this problem but it hasent worked as well as I'd hope. Maybe I just need more time? I've only been doing preacher curls for 2months. I'm thinking maybe to superset dumbell and EZ bar preacher curls?? Maybe that will catch up my left bicep. Anyone with any similar problems let me know how you fixed it. All my other major bodyparts are on track thanks to built
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Well, you haven't been reading in here enough if you don't know the answer to this

You can't change the shape/look of muscles by using different exercises. You can only make them bigger. If one arm is lagging then the best approach is to use DB's. This is because the bigger/dominant arm will tend to work harder during BB exercises.

No need for extra exercises...
    Last edited by deeder; 10-17-2006 at 05:26 PM.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

i have the same deal, my right bicep is bigger than my left and i db curl the same ammount of weight, i think they are almost identical in strength but they look different, i think its just genetics, look at jay cutler and ronnie coleman, their left and right biceps look different also.
    Bench:225x5, 255x1
    Squat:350x5
    Dead:370x5, 415x1

Quote Originally Posted by Natetaco
    i have the same deal, my right bicep is bigger than my left and i db curl the same ammount of weight, i think they are almost identical in strength but they look different, i think its just genetics, look at jay cutler and ronnie coleman, their left and right biceps look different also.
    Yeah... If strength is the same there isn't really much you can do I guess.
    Full Powerlifting
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    K. Dumbells all the way then. Its just an annoying problem. Everythings falling into place but this.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanbcool
    K. Dumbells all the way then. Its just an annoying problem. Everythings falling into place but this.
    Oh well... Everyone has their imperfections...
    Full Powerlifting

in fact, i know my right tricep is stronger than my left and my left one is bigger, so it can go either way.
    Bench:225x5, 255x1
    Squat:350x5
    Dead:370x5, 415x1

Wannabebig Member
    My right bicep is a little smaller than my left but not too much.