The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

I really need help

I haven't worked out in about three months and i really want to get back into it, but whenever i get home from school i just can't get myself up to go outside and workout. Does anyone have a simple beginner routine that can help me ease back into working out? something not to hard and demanding, just so i can get used to working out after school and than eventually start some of my old harder routines?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

when im tired, i usually watch mixed martial arts or pro wrestling to get me pumped up. watching those guys exert so much effort to make the match great gives me motivation. i also drink monster with ice. its very therapeautic for me.

Sometimes the hardest part of a workout is getting to the gym. GO! Then, do some squats, bench, and rows or chins.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

You can do your old routines, just do lighter weights - you'll progress quicker since you used to work out.

As for the motivation factor, what helps me is NOT thinking about the workout itself too much...rather just to get to the gym. Just get to the gym no matter how lazy/unmotivated you feel. You'll surprise yourself once you're there and actually training again.

Wow I can't keep myself out of the gym! I have the opposite problem.

I think Warrior is right though for most people once they walk through the gym doors they are in a different mode and ready to go.
    Every workout is a new battle
    and I always win

Sounds to me when you say "outside" you're talking about working out in or near your home rather than driving across town to a gym. If so, good. Your solution is easier.

Here's what has worked for me for many years. On days when I just can't get myself worked up to train, I make myself change clothes AS IF getting ready to workout. Then I read a book, do homework, eat a sandwich, whatever, while stretching and warming up on the floor.

I usually find by the time I've gone through the motions of getting myself ready, my blood is flowing and my brain relents and tells me "Screw it, if you're not going to let me be lazy today, let's just workout and be done with it."

As for what to do, if you're looking for something less demanding to get yourself back into the swing of things, I'd suggest pullups, dips, and that sort of thing. Chances are you'll do that for a few days and get bored and be ready to push some iron again.

There are a million ways to get back into it if you really want it bad enough. Just keep trying. Asking your question here on the forum shows that deep down you really do have the desire.

Good luck.

Once you get yourself back in you'll be hooked on it again.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    I recently started working out in the morning before work. I'll tell you this now, to me its much easier to actually get there and do it. When you work out at night, you have all day to talk yourself out of it. But when you wake up earlier in the morning all you have to do is get out of bed. Then by the time you wake up enough to not want to do anything you're already there and the motivation kicks in. It's hard getting up at 5am but damn, it's great because the rest of the I'm full of energy and blood is pumping
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

You can do your old routines, just do lighter weights
    I'd like to see what his "hardcore" workout is before we suggest sticking to it.

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 195 (01JAN09)
    B/F: 11%
    Goal Weight: 210
    Starting weight: 150 (10/1/04)

man, what kept me going is getting a friend to do it with me, then its like fun and has teamwork to it. Also watch some vids of powerlifting and **** that gets me wanting to do deads like crazy.
    Bench:225x5, 255x1
    Squat:350x5
    Dead:370x5, 415x1

Read this.

EDIT: Link fixed.
    Last edited by Absolute; 10-18-2006 at 08:27 PM.
    SAM and FRODO tie up GOLLUM.
    GOLLUM: No! Smeagol not into ropes, nassty kinky hobbitses.
    FRODO: We just want you to take us to Mordor, you sicko.
    GOLLUM: Mordor? Hobbitses having little Goth phase, maybe? Very angsssty, wanting to go to Mordor, yes yes. Can Smeagol offer black eyeliner to angsssty hobbitses?
    SAM: You stop talking to Mr.--hmm. (to FRODO) You know, you wouldn't look half bad in eyeliner.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    ^^

Link doesn't work.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerrack
    Wow I can't keep myself out of the gym! I have the opposite problem.

I think Warrior is right though for most people once they walk through the gym doors they are in a different mode and ready to go.
    Same here lifting is my anti drug.

Same here lifting is my anti drug.
    Thats funny, lifting seems to be some peoples pro-drug as well

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 195 (01JAN09)
    B/F: 11%
    Goal Weight: 210
    Starting weight: 150 (10/1/04)

yeah i find myself not wanting to go to the gym, but when i get there im loving it.
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 213 LBS.