Thread: running while sore

running while sore

What are the effects on your body if your running while kinda sore besides limiting recovery time?

All I know is from baseball, when you arm is sore it is ussually from a built up of lactic acid. Which happens also when you go to failure while lifting. And to get the acid out of your arm it is recomended you run.

There really isn't an answer to that question. Soreness and recovery are not necessarily linked, and the amount of any activity can have an effect on your recovery ability.

The best test of recovery is progression.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.