The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Heavy deads...and rack pulls/farmers walk.

I have a huge neck because of those.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

I wonder who has the world's largest neck. Not counting some morbidly obese person who has no neck because it's all fat.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by rugby1001
    omg!!!!!!!! its savvy again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sickman99 from bodybuildingforyou forums lol this guy is the biggest troll ever lol!!!!!!! he got banned for trolling so watch out
    other than bodybuilding.com when i trolled for good reason, i have never trolled - i have said this before, my trolling career started on a good note, and finished on a good note, it was over a long time ago

i never said anything that was lying or meant to cause offense or anything alike on bodybuildingforyou - what exactly is it that i was meant to be trolling about anyway?

i got no reason for the ban, and have no idea why it happened, but to be honest, i dont really care - i kept getting these private messages from some strange dude who kept saying he was bigger and stronger than me (he wasnt), some of the things he was saying was just plain weird

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    My personal opinion is that neck training is good preventative medicine. Unfortunately, like grip training, it's something that I never, ever make time to do consistently.

I've talked with some people who train for strongman that feel neck training is essential. They probably had thick necks to begin with, but training certainly helped.
    I agree, but you have to be so careful in how to you apply it.

I had a neck injury before training the neck, and it was a result of my ignorance and not the movement. Dont try to stress the range of motion to much.

Kc

Quote Originally Posted by SaVvY
    other than bodybuilding.com when i trolled for good reason, i have never trolled - i have said this before, my trolling career started on a good note, and finished on a good note, it was over a long time ago

i never said anything that was lying or meant to cause offense or anything alike on bodybuildingforyou - what exactly is it that i was meant to be trolling about anyway?

i got no reason for the ban, and have no idea why it happened, but to be honest, i dont really care - i kept getting these private messages from some strange dude who kept saying he was bigger and stronger than me (he wasnt), some of the things he was saying was just plain weird
    lol if you're gonna troll anywhere, bodybuilding.com is prolly where you should be doing it
    Go now, run along and tell your xerxes he faces free men here, not slaves

Quote Originally Posted by Guido
    This article gives an idea of some specific neck exercises. Personally I've found that farmers holds and walk mixed in with shrugs is all I've needed to get a decently big neck, though.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/matt51.htm
    from that article
    "SHRUGS

Now this is a CLASSIC. Everybody with an ego bigger than biceps loves this, because they can cheat like crazy with impressive weights. Granted, they don't really move the weights with their traps, but it looks cool."

What the hell is that supposed to mean, what is he implying is doing the work? I'd agree that when you see someone with 500lbs on there they are probably doing a **** rom, but other msucles doing the majority?
    Go now, run along and tell your xerxes he faces free men here, not slaves

Quote Originally Posted by jdeity
    from that article
    "SHRUGS

Now this is a CLASSIC. Everybody with an ego bigger than biceps loves this, because they can cheat like crazy with impressive weights. Granted, they don't really move the weights with their traps, but it looks cool."

What the hell is that supposed to mean, what is he implying is doing the work? I'd agree that when you see someone with 500lbs on there they are probably doing a **** rom, but other msucles doing the majority?
    the pinky