Thread: energy?

energy?

alright this problem i have is that i go to the gym after school yet at the end of school im beat already and have gym class last hour
    wat do u guys think i should do for energy cause i really dont have time to wait and like sleep or something

how old are you?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

sixteen

Iron4Life
    When and how much are you eating? Calories and macros if possible...
    How much sleep do you get at night?
    How much have you grown in the last yr or so?
    Did you just recently start working out with weights?

how's the diet like?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

eat like a horse trying to gain weight
    gained 50olbs working out in the last year and like two or three months
    sleep deprivation might be a problem
    but on a good day for chest im able to get the 100lb dumbbells 6 reps almost 2 sets one for incline decline

If you suspect sleep deprivation then it likely it is. Get a lot more sleep and see how it helps.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 10-20-2006 at 08:24 PM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

How much water are you drinking? I find that when I get home from work and I'm pretty tired and I drink a ton of water (like 2-3 liters) that I perk right up. But, I guess you sort of have to be awake to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes to empty the bladder. Seriously though, dehydration can make you very tired. Drink more water.

Life is short..SO LIVE IT! Validus's Avatar
    Do you eat anything relatively close to before your workout? Sometimes Eating a decent size meal before lifting helps me out. Just saying because I know that when I was in high school ( Oh so long ago) I wouldn't really eat much during the day and It would kill my lifts. Do you divide up your food intake evenly across your day?

thats one of my problems i have
    my lunch hour is like at 10:30 which is so early and i usually have a big lunch but by the end of the day 2:25 im starving and i dont really have any place in between periods to grab a snack

Quote Originally Posted by goose21
    thats one of my problems i have
    my lunch hour is like at 10:30 which is so early and i usually have a big lunch but by the end of the day 2:25 im starving and i dont really have any place in between periods to grab a snack
    One of my friends used to actually put food in his locker and munch on it inbetween periods. I'm talking about things like a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. lol but he was pretty intense. My advice is just try and eat something decent before you lift it doesn't have to be a sit down meal just pack an extra sandwich or something to eat before you go into the gym. Or if your bulking pack two or three sandwiches lol. I guarantee you'll see improvement in your lifts.
    Last edited by Validus; 10-21-2006 at 10:12 PM.

thnks man
    ill try that

Eating a lot before you lift will likely make you tired, since your body starts devoting its resources to digesting the food you just ate. Do like Validus' friend and put peanut butter in your locker, and eat that between classes. And eat a lot of it!

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnso
    Eating a lot before you lift will likely make you tired, since your body starts devoting its resources to digesting the food you just ate. Do like Validus' friend and put peanut butter in your locker, and eat that between classes. And eat a lot of it!
    I agree it can make you tired but I'm also not saying eat a three course meal just something to fill that empty space in your stomach. But the peanut butter is a better idea i'll agree with that.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Eating a lot before you lift will likely make you tired
    Never makes me tired. Gives me a lot of energy before workouts.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

well i dont really have time to go to my locker that much during the day so i might throw a couple sandwiches in my bag or some energy bars
    maybe some peanut butter in my locker for when i do go there
    one question though:
    why peanut butter

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goose21
    well i dont really have time to go to my locker that much during the day so i might throw a couple sandwiches in my bag or some energy bars
    maybe some peanut butter in my locker for when i do go there
    one question though:
    why peanut butter
    High calorie, easy to eat fast, source of protein.