Thread: short term headache

Wannabebig Member

short term headache

Yesterday I did back and biceps. I was feeling fine until the end of my routine. I finished off by pyramiding hammer curls and at about my fourth set I got a pounding headache and I mean pounding. I put the dumbbells down and headed for the locker room, rubbing my temples because my brain hurt so much. By the time I got to the shower the headache was completely gone. Weird, eh? Do you think perhaps I wasn't breathing properly or somehow the exercise made my blood pressure rise? Anyone else have this happen?

Yeah bro I would definitely say that its due to you breathing incorrectly. I mean honestly I have had migraining headaches from doing extremely heavy leg presses without breathing properly. Headaches that I KNOW wouldnt happen otherwise. I correctly my breathing and everything was fine.

Wannabebig Member
    I think you are right. I've noticed that my breathing is wrong often when I workout, especially when really giving it my all. Sometimes it's hard to follow perfect form and breathing while trying to get those last few reps out.