Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my 315lb bench press

no mass for the lazzy ass kartwheel's Avatar

my 315lb bench press

here is a link to my journal that links the video of my bench press. i droped the quality a little so that the file size would be smaller, but it does the trick.

it has taken me what seems like forever to put up 315, but i have finally reached it. time for a new goal: 350

did you delete the vid?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

^^ Yeah, I got the same error.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

ok i fixed it....

video link

Iron4Life
    Nice job kart.. next time have your spotter keeps his hands off the bar.. and keep that butt down.. lol

gotta keep your butt on the bench.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Good effort but I wouldn't call either rep a go.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Not a legit press, but congrats on moving all that weight.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    *shrugs*

honestly. I thought it was fine enough I guess. I'd still count it for bragging rights.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Matt04
    is it just me or was that 315x2?

Tell him to learn how to spot. I've had people in the gym spot me like that before and I wanted to kill them. It's hard to say what happened, but either way you were pretty close on the first rep.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

That's not even one rep. The weight was on it's way down mid way through while your *** was in the air and your spotter helped it up. I don't even know why you would attempt a 2nd rep... I guess I can give you a little respect for moving the weight though.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Much respect, it just wasn't a very clean rep. On a side note your looking much bigger and stronger than in your previously video!
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

I watched the video again. The first rep. shouldnt count but the second one should.

So what he moved his butt a little the second time. It wasnt nearly as much as the first time it should count.

And the spotter helped? Not really. Unless the spotter could hold 315 pounds with his finger tips he didnt help at all.

Great job on the lift bro. Don't worry about what other say. It was a damned good lift.
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanbcool
    I watched the video again. The first rep. shouldnt count but the second one should.

So what he moved his butt a little the second time. It wasnt nearly as much as the first time it should count.

And the spotter helped? Not really. Unless the spotter could hold 315 pounds with his finger tips he didnt help at all.

Great job on the lift bro. Don't worry about what other say. It was a damned good lift.
    Huh? Your saying the first rep shouldn't count because he couldn't lift the weight, but the second rep should because he lifted it all? The spotter gave him huge momentum. The spotter didn't lift 315lbs with his finger tips while he placed his hands on the bar. It's just the slightest pull to give him momentum to push it all the way. Not trying to put down the OP, just saying he didn't bench 315lbs and you should know the difference.

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

If the spotter even touches the bar I won't count it for myself. If the butt comes off the bench I don't count it. Still good to even come close, though. I can't wait till I'm there.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Ok, so the spotter very slightly touched the bar, and his ass was off the seat, and woudn't be a legit comp lift... but he is still moving 315lbs which is a huge milestone! Congrats I say, work on keeping your form tight and get a better spotters

i was the one that filmed it, the first one was all sears and the spotter said he didt help on the second one, just had his hands there just in case. sears is bustin his a$$ in the gym, he'll be puttin up more weight in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by mooseusaf; 10-24-2006 at 12:07 AM.
    5'8 7/8

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85900 <------my journal

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. -Arnold Schwarzenegger

The best activities for your health are pumping and humping.
    -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by mooseusaf
    i was the one that filmed it, the first one was all sears and the spotter said he didt help on the second one, just had his hands there just in case. sears is bustin his a$$ in the gym, he'll be puttin up more weight in a couple weeks.
    Yup.

So what. I really think everyone is to picky about form and even touching the bar. If I touch the bar that does not mean I'm helping someone. It means. I've made physical contact with the bar.

Lift looked legit to me. The first one his butt was all over the place so I wouldnt count that but in the second one it was much more controlled.

The basic thing is that he moved it on his own. I couldnt move all that weight unless you let me squat it. So, he deserves some props and thats what I'm giving him.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

nice lifts but please try to keep that butt down, it really helps a ton i tried it the other day, lol.

nice progress in your journal btw!
    2000 or bust

A lot of body english on that bench. I'd be reluctant to call that a max. You are obviously quite strong though, good work.
    Last edited by Vapour Trails; 10-24-2006 at 03:28 PM.
    That's a picture of Scarlett Johansson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanbcool
    Yup.

So what. I really think everyone is to picky about form and even touching the bar. If I touch the bar that does not mean I'm helping someone. It means. I've made physical contact with the bar.

Lift looked legit to me. The first one his butt was all over the place so I wouldnt count that but in the second one it was much more controlled.

The basic thing is that he moved it on his own. I couldnt move all that weight unless you let me squat it. So, he deserves some props and thats what I'm giving him.

If you're ass comes up, it's not a legit lift, in competition. With that said, I couldn't move that weight. Nice job to the OP.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I guess it's a good thing this wasn't a competition

either way, nice job moving the weight

it didn't look like the spotter helped to me, just because his hands were close to the bar doesn't mean he helped
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

thanks everyone, positive and negative comments. i don't compete. my goal was just to be moving that weight. i'm should i could have dropped the weight to 300 and keeped my arse on the bench, but honestly i just wanted to know i could move the weight. o, and i'm sore as hell today.

Hey man, good job. It's exciting to put those 3 plates on. Keep pushing those limits.