Thread: Rich Franklin

Rich Franklin

I was just talking with a fella. He said Rich should've taken his own advice. Went down to one knee, so Silva couldn't kick and knee him. It would have been a different fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all Serra's fault for making fun of his strategy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Silva is a Brazilian Jujitsu blackbelt... he would probably go in for the mount with hardly any trouble. And although the rule is 'you cannot kick an opponent in a downed position' I reckon if he head kicked Franklin he would get away with it. Franklin would also be stood up if Silva backed off and eventually lose points.

Come on guys I thought this was humorous!
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold

Poor Rich. He basically got his ass handed to him.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by Reala
    Silva is a Brazilian Jujitsu blackbelt... he would probably go in for the mount with hardly any trouble. And although the rule is 'you cannot kick an opponent in a downed position' I reckon if he head kicked Franklin he would get away with it. Franklin would also be stood up if Silva backed off and eventually lose points.
    Nope, instant DQ. Can't get away with that one in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodninja
    Nope, instant DQ. Can't get away with that one in the U.S.
    which sucks, it seems like it'd be fun to stomp somebody's face through a mat.
    By Any Means Necessary

"The Best thing god can give me is enemies" rodrigo gracie

"Pain, I like it rough, Cause I'd Rather feel pain than nothing at all" Three Days Grace

"act like a man, f--k like a man, fight like possessed."

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny_DiezeL
    which sucks, it seems like it'd be fun to stomp somebody's face through a mat.
    You might have problems.

Franklin acted like a noob to Muay Thai... He was locked down and thrown around like he's never seen a 'clinch' before... Hell, blocking, working the opponents ribs, and 'arm barring' your way into a 'lock' on your opponents neck are some of the most basic things you're taught...

Instead, he tries to continuously STAND STRAIGHT UP to avoid the knees.. NO ONE is strong enough to keep doing that.. Either work the ribs, arm bar/lock them and start kneeing, BLOCK or even shoot on him...

The funniest thing was Rich looking up at the camera and checking out his face and swearing with that look of 'OH SH>IT' my face is GOONED Up..LOL...

Peace out..

Quote Originally Posted by bloodninja
    You might have problems.
    I know but I'm working on that.
    By Any Means Necessary

"The Best thing god can give me is enemies" rodrigo gracie

"Pain, I like it rough, Cause I'd Rather feel pain than nothing at all" Three Days Grace

"act like a man, f--k like a man, fight like possessed."

Mantixx well Matt Serra blew his strategy j/k. Exactly, after the first hard knee I would of tried something to get the #**** out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    Mantixx well Matt Serra blew his strategy j/k. Exactly, after the first hard knee I would of tried something to get the #**** out of there.
    Yeh, I used to do Muay Thai (20 years ago) WAYYYYY before it was 'in' and thats the FIRST thing you learn.. To UNCLINCH him, arm bar (wedge your forarm into his arms and insert your other arm-I forget the name) to get a lock on his neck...

As for Serra, I liked how me owned Shonie (sp?) Carter.. I kinda felt bad for Shonie, but thought Serra ruled that fight....

Anyways

Peace out...

Dunno where you learnt Muay Thai, but nour days, the first thing you learn is to block knees with your forearms until you find the pattern of the strikes, then you try and come inside their clinch by putting your arms through the inside of theirs and make the clinch your own.

Franklin was doing alright at this, you could see him blocking the knees, but I miss guessed the pattern and got hurt when reaching and then he was worried about his body so much he left his face open and got pulled down...

He will reclaim the title next year I am sure.