Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Heroes

Not the best episode, but next weeks looks good. I was a little surprised to find out Matt's dad was the nightmare man.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    What is Micah's cousin's power? She studies things really quickly? Lol, wish I had for for finals.

Anyhow, when they flipped Sylar over I about peed myself - nooooooooo. And Maya? haha
    No, it looks like they swiped this guy's power for her:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taskmaster

"Taskmaster is a villain with the power to mimic the physical movements of anyone he witnesses. He trains others to become lackeys for other villains by utilizing the techniques he has learned from his observation of superheroes and participates in mercenary jobs from time to time."

Which I'm impressed at, since it's not as mainstream as flying, reading minds, etc.

They practically ripped everything from Taskmaster.

"The man who would become Taskmaster first demonstrated unusual abilities during childhood. After watching a cowboy show on television, he found himself able to duplicate the sophisticated rope tricks he had just watched the cowboy perform."

And the episode moved the plot along. A few nice reveals, a few stretches to the suspension of disbelief (that's right, the Wonder Twins of Death ran into Sylar in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Of all people on earth.)

Love how worried Bennet is getting. He's not stupid (unless the plot calls for it): He knows damned well what's going on with Claire but has to play along with her lies to retain any of her trust at all. But what if playing along is what gets him killed? Knowing the most probable future sucks.
    Last edited by ShockBoxer; 10-16-2007 at 06:39 AM.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Anybody still keeping up? When Takezo Kenzei stepped out in the present, I got chills. I think the storyline is getting good once again - another global pandemic is just the thing to give the villains a little gravitas.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Quote Originally Posted by McIrish View Post
    Anybody still keeping up? When Takezo Kenzei stepped out in the present, I got chills. I think the storyline is getting good once again - another global pandemic is just the thing to give the villains a little gravitas.
    I missed about fifteen minutes , so I'm a little lost. Do you think Kenzei is bad in the future? I would say yes, but I don't know if I missed something and why is Peter supposed to work with him (healing)?

Yes, the story is starting to get good again, after a few off weeks. Next week looks really good and some questions will be answered.

I've been meaning to bump this thread.

Yea, I think Kensei is bad, sure it's been a few hundred years, but I'm sure when he see's Hiro he is going to freak.

Also I'm not so fond of Claire anymore.

I love this show.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Kensei is the leader guy from the "old" company with all the parents that are getting killed off
    Last edited by IronJay; 11-08-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Yeah Kensei is definitely a bad guy (or meant to be). After the falling out with Hiro you know there's going to be some sort of revenge plot. Anyway it's good to finally have Hiro and Ando together again, they had good chemistry venturing around the globe.

PS how jealous were you guys when you saw Hiro just soaking in the opium? LOL lucky bastard.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Ohhh, opium. I was wondering how they explained that one in the show - I thought it was just some nebulous "pot of herbs" that they felt like they didn't need to explain away.

Then again, opium wasn't taken in to the East until centuries later? I think it was somewhere around the 1700's?

Anyhow, you know Kensei has it out for them - he's had like 500 years to have his festering hate for Hiro grow and grow so I can't wait to see their showdown.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Health goals

Why are they all so stupid? Peter, Maya, Suresh and the chick who can do whatever she sees. Tonight really bothered me for some reason. Hopefully Hiro doesn't get killed next week. Who do you think is going to die next week?

Been meaning to ask this, I think I missed something. The Haitian erased Peter's memory, but that happened after he blew up. That happened after the Haitian helped Claire escape, so he didn't work for the company anymore. What am I missing? I think I missed one episode this year, but I didn't think the Haitian went back to the company. Did he?

Next week's episode was originally intended to be the "mid-season break", and the end of this so-called story-arc, however, supposedly the producers have tweaked the ending of the episode to serve as a makeshift Season Finale, assuming the strike doesn't break anytime soon.

So this could be it until next Fall.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    Why are they all so stupid? Peter, Maya, Suresh and the chick who can do whatever she sees. Tonight really bothered me for some reason. Hopefully Hiro doesn't get killed next week. Who do you think is going to die next week?

Been meaning to ask this, I think I missed something. The Haitian erased Peter's memory, but that happened after he blew up. That happened after the Haitian helped Claire escape, so he didn't work for the company anymore. What am I missing? I think I missed one episode this year, but I didn't think the Haitian went back to the company. Did he?
    Yes they are stupied. If they kill Hiro off I think it will hurt the shows ratings as Hiro is probably the most liked character.

The Haitian didn't go back to the company he's working with Bennett. After Peter blew up the company captured him.

Quote Originally Posted by Genacide View Post
    Yes they are stupied. If they kill Hiro off I think it will hurt the shows ratings as Hiro is probably the most liked character.

The Haitian didn't go back to the company he's working with Bennett. After Peter blew up the company captured him.
    That's what I'm saying, the Haitian was at the company when Peter was captured, all of which happened after the Haitian left the company. So is this a flaw in the storyline, or do I have my times off. I'm pretty sure I don't, but I could have missed something.

If Hiro dies, I might stop watching. He is the only one that really seems to get it and has really evolved throughout. I thought Peter was, but he's regressed. Hopefully Claire turns into a bad ass soon. I really like the show, it's really the only one I watch each week besides Simpsons and Family Guy, so I hope the finale is good.

One more question, if Adam is the one that releases the virus, why did Peter's mom tell him to go back and work with him? Is she that evil? So confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    That's what I'm saying, the Haitian was at the company when Peter was captured, all of which happened after the Haitian left the company. So is this a flaw in the storyline, or do I have my times off. I'm pretty sure I don't, but I could have missed something.

One more question, if Adam is the one that releases the virus, why did Peter's mom tell him to go back and work with him? Is she that evil? So confused.
    The Haitian never left the company, he went back to Haiti after he got sick and after that started to work with Bennett, all of which was after Peter was captured.

I don't recall her telling Peter to work with Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Genacide View Post
    The Haitian never left the company, he went back to Haiti after he got sick and after that started to work with Bennett, all of which was after Peter was captured.

I don't recall her telling Peter to work with Adam.
    But wouldn't the company know that the haitian helped Claire escape, he wiped Bennett's memory? I was pretty certain that when he shot Bennett and took Claire to NY, the company would be after him. That's the hole that I am trying to figure out. I thougth he fled to Haiti after helping Claire. Myabe I'm missing something really simple, but he helped Claire escape, they knew he helped and then he's still working for them. That just doesn't add up.

I thought she did tell Peter to go back and work with Adam, but I could be wrong. In fact, I think I am.

Heroes this season = MAJOR letdown. Gosh, even the production value has gone to garbage... every episode they have some cheap special effect that looks like it came striaght off the WB's Charmed. Seriously, if I see another $2 blue-ball-of-lightning-in-the-fist...

I like how the first season was more about developing a storyline than "ooooh, look at us use our powers."

I don't think I'll follow next season.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Health goals

I was a little disappointed with the finale. Looking forward to next season tho.

Yeah, the ending was rough... not too well done, imho.

Yikes at Hiro putting Adam underground! I would have figured he would have taken him to some deserted island and left him there or put him in a Matt Parkman-induced coma, not buried him alive under the earth. Any takers on a bet that he'll come back next season with a hayoooooge vengeance, or is he done for?
    25 years old, 5'10''

Health goals

I actually enjoyed the Finale more than most of the episodes during the "middle" of this chapter.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

With Silar back next season should be more interesting. I'm almost glad that Nikki and Nathan are dead, as they were just getting annoying. Overall it sucked compared to the first season.
    Nick V

Quote Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
    With Silar back next season should be more interesting. I'm almost glad that Nikki and Nathan are dead, as they were just getting annoying. Overall it sucked compared to the first season.
    I'm glad Nathan is dead, he wasn't adding anything to the show but I wish they would have let Miya die, she's so dumb. Also they never verified that Niki was dead, she may come back.

Yea nice work of Hiro to leave Adam buried underground, I didn't see that coming.

All in all a decent episode, but not finale worthy. If this has to do with the writers strike I can understand why it may not be the best..... D@mn writers.

It was good, but not like last season. They might have set the bar too high? The whole Niki and Micah car ride was hard to watch, with all the smiles and what not. Sylar being back will be cool, but they need another big time villain next season. Peter is still a moron, but atleast he knows it now. Suresh is getting hard to watch too, guy is a douche bag. I agree, I wish Maya had died, her character sucks. Really happy Hiro didn't die, but he showed a pretty dark side of himself.

Overall, not a great mid year finale. Still, the show has been so good that I have to keep watching and see what happens next.

I am half-way through watching this last Heroes episode and I just realized the girl with the electric power would have only needed to use some of Claire's blood to get her broken arm or whatever healed.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I tend to agree with McIrish that the production value is mediocre and the cheap graphics are a huge disappointment. You'd think that as one of the most watched shows on TV they'd have more money to spend...
    It also seems like every time someone dies they come back to life somehow. At this point I don't get why every "Hero" wouldn't just leave a vile of Claire's blood on them at all times. I hate Nikki's character but let's all be honest here they'll just bring her back because for some reason they can't just let any semi-major character just die. Sylar was okay for season 1 but with him coming back as the main bad guy again it makes it kinda annoying because I don't want to see season 1 all over again. I have a feeling Adam/Kensei will be back since Hiro was stupid enough to only bury him 6 ft underground... seriously why not just take him straight to the future like 600 years from then when he can't really do any harm? Or put him on Mars or something?

None of the people in the show actually think things out at all. Also considering how things ended up in ancient China or Japan it makes you wonder why Takezo Kensei would be seen as some great warrior hundreds of years later. Sure he defeated some people but eventually he became a traitor I guess you could say.

I'm still trying to figure out how that bald guy with the glasses can tell anyone what to do anymore. Noah is being a selfish douchebag as usual. Claire ended up doing nothing this entire season. And are we supposed to assume it was Sylar that show Nathan? And let me guess they'll just inject him with Claire's blood and bring him back to life again.

The cheap graphics suck, the plot sucks, the dialogue is possibly the worst I've seen in a high-budget prime-time show like this... honestly I don't know why I keep watching. Nip/Tuck on the other hand has actually been very entertaining this season so at least something is going for me. Should keep me happy until Venture Bros and Lost start again in the next few months.
    Last edited by d'Anconia; 12-05-2007 at 01:41 PM.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

The new season of Nip/Tuck has been great so far. That show is always quality.
    Nick V

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    I hate Nikki's character but let's all be honest here they'll just bring her back because for some reason they can't just let any semi-major character just die.
    Originally the shows writers wanted to have a rotating cast and have all the characters come and go. I think a few of the characters in the first season were so liked (Hiro, Claire, Peter...) they decided not to kill everyone off or have them leave.

I think a few more deaths and the show could be right on track.
    In no particular order....

Miya - so dumb
    Niki (if she comes back) - so boring
    Molly - "help, someone help me" I need not say anymore
    EL - She's hot and a little crazy but not anything else
    Mohinder - idiot, but maybe he can stay

Also I want Hiro's dad to return (somehow), I liked his improptu appearances