Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia View Post
    And let me guess they'll just inject him with Claire's blood and bring him back to life again.
    See, that's the problem with this season in a nutshell - 'oh wait, we can just bring so-and-so back to life! surprise!'

Then, whenever anyone DOES die for real, the audience is sitting there scratching their heads like 'wellllll I don't buy it... you can just bring him back to life, after all, so why don't you?'

That's the huge problem with introducing those god-like abilities in. It's one thing when you can shoot fireballs or control the weather or something, but it's another when you just can't die or you can bring anyone back to life whenever you want. It's just like in the original superman where he flies back around the world fast enough to reverse time and rescue Lois Lane... yawwwwwn, who wants to watch any show where you know that the protagonist can just reverse the flow of time and save it?

That's why I liked Hiro's ability in the beginning - he was so worried about messing up the time space continuum (whatever) that I thought the writers would use that to limit his abilities. Instead, they've just let him go crazy with it. Nip/Tuck, anyone?
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

I hate the idea of just bringing everyone back to life. They will have do something about that, maybe the blood does damage after the initial healing, or something like that, or else what's the point.

I don't think Sylar shot Nathan, I thought they were in different states when it happened. Someone from the company shot Nathan, that's who I think was talking to his mom after the fact. I would like it if she died, maybe Peter could kill her.

I still liked the season, just not like last year. Too many cheesy FX and not enough story. Too many dumb characters that just needed some sense slapped into them.

Peter is really turning into a bad ass though and if he ever gets a brain will be a really cool character. Maybe he'll turn bad since someone killed Nathan. That would be cool.

Did someone say Nip/Tuck?
    BRAINS.BEAUTY.BRAWN. www.brainsbeautybrawn.blogspot.com
    WILL SQUAT FOR FOOD.
    "It's not Science - it's RESULTS" - Built
    235 Dead Lift........Height: 5'7"
    125 Bench............Weight: 148 lbs
    200 Squat............Age: 33 yrs. old.
    ----------
    560 Total.............Gunning for 700 this year (while on a cut-and NOT using RESULTS)

Even with the writers getting back to work it looks like we're going to have to wait until we see new Heroes episodes.

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0206/802140363

...The network said it is ordering 22 episodes of "Heroes" and 13 each of "Chuck" and "Life." All are for fall, the statement said, when "the series will have major re-launch campaigns."
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

Daphne's superpower allows her to operate at three speeds and leave a supersonic wake in her path when Hiro stops time.
    Her character is supposed to be Hiro's Joker," said Masi Oka, who plays Hiro. "Batman has The Joker. Hiro has Daphne. This is the season where Hiro finally finds his arch nemesis, and it happens to be this Speedster.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Bruce Boxleitner (TRON) will be in the series next season as well. I hope his power is throwing discs and riding light cycles.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

NBC currently has 2 webisodes online for Heroes with new episodes on Mondays. The acting isn't the best and they are short.

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/webisodes/#vid=275540

I wannabebig!
    thanks for the heads up... I cant wait for the season to start again

Heads Up!!!
    The season opener is on tonight. This season is titled "Villians" I believe.

I think the guy from the webisodes is going to be a new character in the series.

Last edited by Genacide; 09-22-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genacide View Post
    Heads Up!!!
    The season opener is on tonight. This season is titled "Villians" I believe.

I think the guy from the webisodes is going to be a new character in the series.

I am a Heroes first timer who's gonna check out the episode. I'm in love with Hayden Panittiere or however you spell her name.

Excellent. Very promising premiere.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeekd25 View Post
    I am a Heroes first timer who's gonna check out the episode. I'm in love with Hayden Panittiere or however you spell her name.
    You seen that new commercial with her in it? Unnnnnhhhhhhhhhh.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

She annoyed the hell out of me last season, but damn... Maya looked pretty good tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    That song blows, but I almost nutted my pants.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

zomg panties

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey66 View Post
    That song blows, but I almost nutted my pants.
    Wow I just read she is only 19. I swore she was 21 or something close.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer View Post
    She annoyed the hell out of me last season, but damn... Maya looked pretty good tonight.
    Especially during the preshow party.

Anyway, great 2 hour episode. Should be a good season.

Anyone notice the cameo by William Katt (Greatest american hero)?
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

Quote Originally Posted by manowar669 View Post
    Anyone notice the cameo by William Katt (Greatest american hero)?
    Was he the reporter? I thought he looked familiar, but I didn't know from where.

I was just thinking. If hero doesn't actually stop time, just slow it was down which allows the "speester" girl to keep moving. What if he instead went back in time a .001 second continually? It would have the appearance of stopping time and the speedster girl.

I'm still slightly confused why Peter is in someone elses body. The future Peter I like though, badass and likes to use his powers.

Was he the reporter? I thought he looked familiar, but I didn't know from where.

I was just thinking. If hero doesn't actually stop time, just slow it was down which allows the "speester" girl to keep moving. What if he instead went back in time a .001 second continually? It would have the appearance of stopping time and the speedster girl.

I'm still slightly confused why Peter is in someone elses body. The future Peter I like though, badass and likes to use his powers.
    I think Future Peter needed to hide present day Peter for the simple fact that he couldn't allow him to walk around while he was in the past. That would have given away the fact that he was from the future. He put him in a place (i.e. that guy's body) where he assumed he wouldn't be able to get out and no one would pay attention to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer View Post
    I think Future Peter needed to hide present day Peter for the simple fact that he couldn't allow him to walk around while he was in the past. That would have given away the fact that he was from the future. He put him in a place (i.e. that guy's body) where he assumed he wouldn't be able to get out and no one would pay attention to him.
    I understood that part, buy what powers was he using to do it? Also is it now 2 people in one body, or is their a guy out there that looks like present day Peter?

Yeah, that was him, didn't age too well though.

I think the "speedster" was written into the story to keep Hiro in check (plot wise). I think his power is, or could be, too powerful. She is someone who is resistant to his power, and therefore, dangerous to him. Otherwise, Hiro could stop time for as long as it takes to find Sylar, or whoever, and kill them while frozen (or teleport them 1000 ft above an erupting valcano, let them go, and teleport back, etc.).
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

BUMPED!

Anyone still watching Heroes?

I've just watched S3E20, after catching up with the whole season.

I can't wait to see how this season unfolds. I'm hooked once again.
    Last edited by Guitar90; 03-29-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    BP: 247x1
    SQ: 330x5
    DL 297x1
    Total: 874lbs raw

205lbs @ 5'11, age 18.

Journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=114747

I've never even came across NBC while that show is on, even accidentally. I think Hayden P. is pretty hot though.
    23 years old
    5' 6"
    153 lbs

Bench: 315
    Deadlift: 400
    Squat: 425